[SOLVED respawnOnStart = -1] Everything working great on Persistence..except...player positions

1. 8 years ago

I think I heard that the vehicles vanishing when you load back up is determined by if you or another player ever actually sat in a vehicle to basically leave an "I was here" footprint to determine you used it? Or something like that?

But whenever we load up missions I'd say 98% of the time it starts us back at the FOB and not our last known position prior to saving. I think in probably 50-60 ALiVE Missions run...it's saved my location twice.

Every stat is being saved, markers are being saved, etc. No other issues.

Is this a known issue?

2. Tupolov

4 Nov 2015 Administrator

Not that I'm aware of. You should always be returned to your last position with your last loadout etc.

Some missions have respawn set up in a way that always places players back at a certain position. Obviously you need to avoid this.

3. Well I have a basic respawn where if I get killed it sends me back to my FOB. (Respawn = BASE, marker is respawn_west).

So do I need to set up my respawns differently so that when I load my missions back up I'm still standing in same place? If so..how should I do that?

4. highhead

4 Nov 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by highhead

Yo comrade!

For the vehicle to save you indeed need to get out from the driver position to save its last state or do any other logistics action with it like loading something in, lifting it around, etc.!

For the player position to save, you will need to use player options module with appropriate settings and ensure you dont use a mission with respawn-templates that may cause a respawn on start. There is also a variable for that: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

// 1 to respawn player when he joins the game. Available only for INSTANT and BASE respawn types.
    respawnOnStart = 1;

If that doesnt apply there might be a bug! Please provide feedback if that helps!

5. Thanks Highhead. Sounds like it could be a bug then as I never use the Respawn on start variable and I make all of the missions for our group. I always use the Player Options module and have yes selected for everything on there.

I'll load up a mission tonight and post the RPT for yall.

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Try putting
    respawnOnStart = 0:
    in the description.ect and see if it changes anything

Edit: read that ligthert's comment below
    apparently the wiki is no longer accurate lol, respawnOnStart = 0; equates to respawning on start being enabled..

7. Better make it:
    respawnOnStart = -1:

;)

8. Tupolov

5 Nov 2015 Administrator

Did that work for you @AUTigerGrad ?

9. respawnOnStart = 1; //Respawn on start. Run respawn script on start.
    respawnOnStart = 0; //Dont respawn on start. Run respawn script on start.
    respawnOnStart = -1; //Dont respawn on start. Don't run respawn script on start.

10. @Tupolov Did that work for you @AUTigerGrad ?

About to test right now.

11. Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

Yup, that did the trick! Thanks guys. I'll just need to remember to add the respawnOnStart = -1 on all of my missions now. Thanks again!

12. Edited 8 years ago by flopchop

Just using respawnOnStart = -1 will take you to mission failed and back to the lobby on death.

Or do you use it with respawn = "BASE" ?

13. You will only fail the mission if you don't have respawn enabled at all. You need to use, respawn = "BASE" or another respawn form as well as respawnOnStart.

14. Ok! I

It is AUTigerGrad's mission " Royal Marines Kunduz".

Have added added both to mission.

All modules have persistence on, but only player location seems to persist on server restart.

Vehicles, Loadout and Squad default back to base.

15. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I can also confirm with Royal Marines Kunduz that although my mission is persisting, player location (I haven't made the edit Flopchop made, which is why his player location now saves), vehicle location, teammate location and gear all default back to base.

If a contributor or Dev could clarify how to edit these things that would be appreciated.

16. Could anyone give Flopchop a hand on this when they have a moment?

17. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

One of the devs tested things this morning with a new mission - all is working OK with regards to persistence and vanilla factions. So for that mission the possibilities are:

• outdated ALiVE modules - you must open the mission in the editor, note module settings and delete/replace them, re-save mission
    • you are not using the latest plugin for ALiVE - log into your War Room account and download the plugin from there or from the link on this forum
    • possible mod conflict although if it's worked in the past that is unlikely
  18. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Are any of the missions on the site set up with all of the persistence settings in place? I'd like to see this for myself so I know what I should be expecting upon server restart.

If not, could someone do a quick edit to one of the existing ones for me?

19. Also, I don't think Flopchop, through my conversations with him, is asking whether or not these things are capable of persisting. He's asking how to make these things persist in a mission that isn't currently saving vehicle location/player location/loadout/teammate location.

We're both, as you know, extremely new to ALiVE.

20. Sorry my mis-understanding... in order to make things persistent you need to:

• change each ALiVE module setting to turn persistence on (if the option exists in the module.. if not don't worry about it)
    • add the ALiVE Data module and adjust settings

That's it.. assuming of course you have a functional War Room account and you are running @aliveserver mod on the server itself.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!