Make Vehicle location persist

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by flopchop

Is there a way to make vehicle location persist once saved and restarted?

Do I have to remove vehicle from respawn in editor or add a line.

This could get confusing. So if vehicle is destroyed respawn at base, but if vehicle is fine stay with player after save.

Have added respawnonstart = -1 to mission and respawn = "BASE".

Player stays in last position, but vehicle always gets respawned back to base.

If I remove respawn = "BASE" and use just respawnonstart = -1..... when I die get the Failed mission and goes back to lobby.

2. Friznit

16 Nov 2015 Administrator

ALiVE will persist vehicle only after a player enters and exits. So once you have a vehicle in place you need to jump in the drivers seat quickly to make it stay put. Same deal if the vehicle gets destroyed and respawns at base.

Respawnonstart is only really needed if you're using the BIS Spawn Template (to choose from multiple spawn points at mission start). With ALiVE's player location persistence it's better not to use it. You just need respawn="base" in description.ext and a marker named respawn_West in the mission.

3. I guess I'll just bump this thread since I don't want to clutter the forums. I'm playing a mission right now and I noticed after a couple of sessions, all of the vehicles I've gotten in and driven around (and then bailed on when I decided to take heli transport back to base) have all disappeared.

They're not where I left them and they're not back at base where they originally spawned. LOL! The mission is literally unplayable because all of my transport vehicles are gone. Oh dear. :)

My player is currently set to spawn on base on mission reload. How can I make it so my all of my vehicles always spawn back there too when I continue the mission?

I tried adding Spyder's vehicle spawner to the mission as a quick workaround (I need some wheels! :) ) but although I successfully synced it to a flagpole, I can't quite figure out how to actually get vehicles to show up in the list. I added some 3CB Vehicle class names to both the class name line and the whitelist line but it's not working for me.

Either option is ok with me (either getting the spawner working or just having my vehicles organically respawn at base after server restart). Any help would be appreciated.

4. Tupolov

30 Nov 2015 Administrator

Would be good to see some logs for the session that's loading and not spawning vehicles in the correct location. Is this bug reproducable? I.e. does it happen every time?

Vehicles should never just disappear.

5. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks, Tupolov. Where would the logs be located?

I don't mean to call it a bug, I'm sure I'm just missing something simple. When I realized both of my large transport trucks weren't at base, I teleported to where I had left them and it's like both had vanished into thin air. I'll do a quick test starting the mission from scratch, driving somewhere, getting out; saving and reloading to see if it happens with 100% reproducibility.

For future reference, how/where can I determine where my vehicles get respawned upon server restart? I think I'd like them to spawn back with me at base (where my player respawns). Best case scenario assuming there isn't a bug, this mission I think has it set for the vehicles to retain their last position but I'd like to change that if possible.

6. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So I played around for an hour or two last night and my vehicle did indeed disappear again on server restart. I placed an ALiVE marker this time so I'd be 100% sure I just didn't lose track of it. The vehicle was not there and was not back at its initial spawn point. How strange.

Looking at the mission in the editor, I see the author had set it up so the vehicles in question would automatically respawn at base if the player was 900M from its location and also if it got destroyed. The vehicles seem to be synced to the markers properly (from the best I can tell LOL!) so I'm not sure what's causing them to just simply disappear?

I did manage to successfully create a vehicle spawner so it's not a huge deal. But I definitely would like to get you the necessary logs so you guys can squash whatever's causing this. Where exactly are the logs located?

7. Your RPT file should be located at:

c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\arma 3

The log file for the persistence should be in either A3 root directory or inside the @aliveserver folder. Something like alivelog_datestamp (can't recall ATM).

8. There's no ARMA 3 in my appdata/roaming folder. Is it possible the logs are stored somewhere else?

9. Hmm...maybe appdata\local ? A3 directory?

10. Thanks. I'll try it later. I did launch my server several times yesterday trying to see just how broken ARMA is now (Hint: It's REALLY broken :) ). Will I need to recreate the error again or do will my logs from a couple nights ago be there?

11. Don't forget to update your @CBA as well

12. Thanks Savage. I did. I've been refreshing Bistudio's forums every few minutes to see what's been updated/what needs updating. CBA and ACE down, 15 million more broken mods to go. :(

This is my first big update as an ARMA owner. I had no clue updates could cause havoc like this! Yikes.

13. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Updates usually aren't too bad. They changed the way a lot of things worked with this update which broke a things revolving around the older systems (to be expected).

or Sign Up to reply!