Commander tablet: Operations not showing

1. 8 years ago

Is there a way to flip this feature back on or a way to troubleshoot this in the editor? Whenever I go to Commander tablet/Operations/BLUFOR Units, the tablet isn't loading or showing all friendly units on the map the way I've seen it work in different ALiVE missions in the past.

When it's working properly, when I click on BLUFOR Units, the tablet says "waiting" for a while and then all of my friendly units are marked on the map (which I can then order them to move places, etc). In a mission I'm playing right now, when I click BLUFOR Units, nothing happens. I don't get a loading or waiting message and even after waiting a bit, nothing shows up on the map in the tablet.

Is there perhaps an option I need to re-enable to get this to show?

2. Hmm...don't think so... are you using vanilla or modded units?

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Modded. I'm pretty sure we're Massi's UK Special Forces?

All of the other options in the Commander Tablet seem to work perfectly. Intel is fine. Calling in CAS is fine. Transport is fine. Calling in squads or individual units (these are definitely Massi UK) are fine, etc, etc.

Just this one option in the tablet doesn't seem to do anything. I guess it's not a big deal because I can request units in the combat support option. I'd just like to be able to call the closest unit over for help instead.

4. It could be related to CBA's Extended Eventhandlers not working properly with Massi's UK SF. I have never used Massi's UK SF, but I would try and enable CBA's Auto Enable XEH PBO.
    You can do this by going into your CBA mod folder. Change directory to

CBA_A3\optionals

Then move the PBO

cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo

to your addons folder within your CBA mod folder, which is located here

CBA_A3\addons

Start Arma 3 and test. If that works, that means Massi's UK SF mod does not have compatibility built into the mod.

5. I've already moved that over to Addons along with its bisign.

That's an excellent idea though and could have easily explained the issue. Thanks for trying.

I'm open to other suggestions if you have any.

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Can you load up a fresh session, repro the error, and post your .rpt (Latest .rpt from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3) to pastebin

7. It doesn't work in any session ever for this mission. That's why I thought I needed to enable it in the editor. I'm about to load a session now. I think I know where the ALiVE logs are but not the server rpt. I use TADST. I don't mind getting that to you if you could tell me what you need and where it's located.

8. I believe for TADST, the logs are located in your TADST folder (Most likely in your Arma 3 directory), once inside that find the folder named after the preset you use, then all the way at the bottom there should be arma3server.rpt's

9. I see your edit. Let me see what I can get. BRB. I'll just enter and exit a session.

10. http://pastebin.com/iypMLvFY

And not sure if this is the same as the above, but this is from my TADST mission profile folder:

http://pastebin.com/N6a7HRU6

11. It looks like it's bugging out with some of the groups, is this the only mission that this does not work on?

12. About to check another mission actually as we speak. I'll check right now.

13. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah it works fine in the other mission. Just quickly spitballing it, the missions use pretty much identical mods aside from Massi's UK.

The one not working is UK Pathfinders: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561235833

The one working is British Steel: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510801855

And pretty sure it works in Royal Marines Kunduz too: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539871206

I've added a few things here and there to the linked missions but the they are largely untouched by me. And I never touched units. I'm guessing Massi UK or UK Pathfinders itself is the issue but you'd know better than me. I appreciate you taking a look.

14. It might be Massi UK. Like Dixon mentioned, it's throwing errors in a lot of places and is very possibly breaking this as well. Will try to investigate more in the morning.

15. Thanks Spyder. As far as I can tell, the mission itself plays like normal except for this one part. If you have any suggestions for how to clean this up in the editor or whatever after looking it over, I'd appreciate it.

The mission is still definitely playable (I can still request backup using some of the other commander tablet features). But it's a minor inconvenience for sure.

16. It just dawned on me that I never reproduced the error when I entered and exited the server last night. Sorry about that. If anyone would like to see what the logs look like after I attempt to open Operations I can definitely do that. My bad.

17. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yeah, it's definitely a problem with the factions used. I replaced all 3CB factions with BLU_F (Nato) and it started working fine. The problem caused by these factions.. I don't have a clue.

18. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hey don't sound discouraged! You found the problem. It's without a doubt caused by 3CB units. That's the only one between the three missions that's different.

Would there be an easy way for me to just relace 3CB Units with a different faction in the editor, or is doing that a great way to break the mission? Hopefully everything is just in the force faction list in the modules and not in the actual init files (ideally)? Any tips on that would be great.

I appreciate you looking into it. If you think it ok, I'll just replace them with a different faction and I could also bring this up to the 3CB team if you think 3CB in general would be throwing errors on servers.

Thanks Spyder.

19. Update: The 3CB team is investigating the issue. I appreciate everything guys. Thanks for isolating the problem.

20. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Changing the faction's used is pretty easy. Find the Military AI Commander, Military Objective Placement,Civilian Objective Placement, and Custom Objective Placement modules that use the 3CB factions, and replace all of those 3CB factions with BLU_F

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!