retake roadblock

1. 8 years ago

HI. I wanna ask you fellows which is the proper scenario of retake the roadblock.
    Can roadblock be retaken? Need to be disassembled? What players interactions can lead to remove roadblock from insurgents installations objectives?.

2. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

This is a good question. Our unit pretty much just kills the enemies and opens the gate. Destroying them to clear the objective would be a nice touch (if it's not how that already works).

Very good question. Wondering this also.

3. I have the guys try to blow them up with explosives. Failing that, I delete them with Zeus to simulate the unit taking the roadblocks apart however they can.

4. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

Remove roadblock is not removing Installation objective.

5. Roadblocks are not part of the Installation objectives are they? Roadblocks come from a separate module, and they can be turned off, correct?
    I thought only the HQs, Caches, and IED factories counted?

6. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@ski2060 Roadblocks are not part of the Installation objectives are they? Roadblocks come from a separate module, and they can be turned off, correct?
    I thought only the HQs, Caches, and IED factories counted?

That's also a good point (and yes, they're in the military placement civilian objective module and can be toggled). Maybe they aren't even counted as objectives that can be cleared. Kind of like I don't think the random camps are either unless generated by C2ISTAR. Looking forward to an answer on this.

7. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

If you debug insurgency objectives or gather intel from civilians you have roadblocks displayed as well

8. They show as things on the map; but they are not *objectives* that can change hands as far as I can tell. Also, a lot of the time they end up in some weird places that classify as "roads." Like the middle of a *dirt* runway.

9. In my experience, roadblocks and random camps don't have anything to do with the insurgency module (aside from C2ISTAR showing roadblock locations for Intel and the civilian population morale gain from having them cleared). So they are not installations that need to be destroyed as such, but rather work as normal objectives which can be cleared by killing all enemy forces. It is possible to occupy a random camp and if you have two OPCOMs with random camps and roadblocks, they will try to fight over the same locations in my experience. Persistent data will load up whoever "owns" the camp / roadblock and if nobody does, then the roadblock disappears (sometimes random camps do too but I've seen plenty that are empty in my missions after being cleared). I think that's how it works anyway!

10. 7 years ago

Tupolov

12 Nov 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

Insurgents do setup roadblocks to help them defend objectives they have taken...

OH and BTW, just fixed the issue where some ZEC checkpoints/roadblocks were not orientated correctly...

or Sign Up to reply!