Helicopter Insertion

1. 7 years ago

So i read on previous post that the helicopter insertion works with other mods but even with the new alive update i was hoping when you chose insertion, once everyone got out that the heli would automatically RTB without me having to open up alive tablet. Its very annoying especially when im having a hot landing.

2. It's always best to submit a feature request otherwise it's unlikely the feature will be added unless someone specifically states they are working on it.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues

It would be a useful feature.

3. also because i don't want to post a new conversation. My CAS still will not engage targets in SAD, or direct attack

4. Try giving them a target with the laser designator - it seems to have a better success rate.

With regards to auto-RTB I can think of times when you don't want the chopper to immediately RTB.. so if changes are made it would have to be optional.

5. Try giving them a target with the laser designator - it seems to have a better success rate.

Interesting. How do you do that? I always carry the designator, just never knew I could mark targets for my CAS choppers. I always do it in the tablet itself so this seems pretty neat.

Is it lock on withT or something?

6. If you have a battery in the LD you should be able to right-click to 'turn it on' (or maybe it's left-click)

7. I will have my unit try the laser designator thing out today and see if it works.
    If I have a CAS Apache, it will usually only attack armored vehicles.
    It would be nice to have them attack infantry or light vehicles also.

8. not sure if using the LD will get them to attack infantry.. they really don't like doing that!!

9. Yeah.. getting them to attack infantry is hit or miss. They definitely can do it, but don't bet your life on them doing so. Just Arma Things

10. Has anyone sucessfully got ace fries module working with a transport module spawned heli?
    I just finally got the heli to be an ace medical vehicle. Just missing the fast ropes :)

11. highhead

3 May 2016 Administrator

laser designator will make planes drops lgbs and apaches fire hellfires or direct fire with machineguns

12. @GhostNI Has anyone sucessfully got ace fries module

Wait.... ACE has a fries module? Are there any burger options?

(sorry couldn't resist :) )

13. Yum...

or Sign Up to reply!