Dynamic reinforcements

1. 7 years ago

So the wiki does a good job at describing what it means (reinforcements will come on greater numbers as more objectives are held), but what does this look like in practice as a mission blossoms and progresses over time?

Lately I've been using the infinite option, having units sent in either in packets or constantly; mainly because I like the idea of a long lasting (maybe even never ending) battle. But looking through the wiki I like the idea of reinforcements being sent in depending on the shape of the battlefield.

Could someone familiar with what this looks like maybe elaborate on what the wiki said about this feature? How long would a typical battle between two equal sides last before one side got wiped out? And can total units exceed the amount defined by the side in the mil/civ obj modules or is that treated as a hard cap?

2. As long the map indexes defines the same values of priority and size for almost each objective ,
    dynamic reinforcement cant works like it should.

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So not advised to use that option then? Not sure I quite understand what you're saying.

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

And can total units exceed the amount defined by the side in the mil/civ obj modules or is that treated as a hard cap?

No, dynamic reinforcement levels only influence a side's force pool (availability/reserves), not unit cap.

How long would a typical battle between two equal sides last before one side got wiped out?

Depends on unit counts and force compositions of each side. Also depends on how the battle unfolds, which units fight which unity. Could vary a lot from mission to mission.

5. @SpyderBlack723 No, dynamic reinforcement levels only influence a side's force pool (availability/reserves), not unit cap.

Depends on unit counts and force compositions of each side. Also depends on how the battle unfolds, which units fight which unity. Could vary a lot from mission to mission.

Thanks. What do you prefer for a decent lasting Assymetric? Capped? Infinite? When I read about dynamic that seemed decent because it seems to maybe reflect how well/poorly you are playing, but wasn't sure on what it actually does because the wiki is sort of vague and the search bar here didn't have any threads on it that I could find.

6. For me it would definitely depend on the mission, but dynamic would provide a challenge.

7. Friznit

4 May 2016 Administrator

@DaVidoSS As long the map indexes defines the same values of priority and size for almost each objective ,
    dynamic reinforcement cant works like it should.

Why?

Proximity is taken into account when AI Comd selects the next objective. The more objectives held, the more Force Pool is available to call replacements.

The most important concept to understand with Military Logistics is that the units that are delivered replace ones that have been destroyed. They do not reinforce with additional groups over and above what was already there at mission start. With a regular AI Comd, the number of groups in play will never get any greater than what you define in the Mil Placement modules.

The exception is the Asymmetric AI Comd, which can recruit insurgents from the civilian population.

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Just trying to get a grasp on how a dynamic mission might differentiate itself from a mission with infinite reinforcements, or one with infinite packets, etc.

Does dynamic basically just use one of the 3 choices already manually available (75% of total units, 90% of total units, 100% of total units) or is it more complex than that?

Ultimately trying to pick between infinite and dynamic for some missions I've been working on where my goal is a large map Assymetric that I hope to take quite some time to complete. Any thoughts on that?

9. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS

According to dynamic type of logistic and its behavior if falling back to objective with lower priority.
    How that would be right if there a 20 objectives with priority 50 and 1 with 30 and dozen with 0 blacklisted with ignore filter to achieve max 80 objectives by side

10. Friznit

4 May 2016 Administrator

It would fall back to the nearest objective that is held by that faction.

Dynamic determines how the force pool is regenerated - if you hold objectives, you get more force pool. If it's Fixed, you get what you're given until it runs out. It's a measure of how many replacement groups you can get in total throughout the entire op. If Force Pool runs out, no more replacement units.

The replacement % determines how often the AI Comd requests replacements - i.e. he'll request them when he gets to 75% of his starting level.

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Right. I sort of understand what it does on paper; was just looking for a clearer explanation of what that looks like in practice. I'll mess around with it.

So I'd get less reinforcements with a Dynamic Force Pool if I was being beaten? Now that sounds interesting and like a pretty solid motivator to play well and hold objectives.

12. Friznit

4 May 2016 Administrator

That's the idea!

13. I have a follow up question to this. I only play with one or two other people and have adapted the Tanoa Alive mission Tupolov put together for my group. I have changed a few settings, one is that I want dynamic force pool. I desire to play commander or at least call in logistics support through the combat logistics. I am not able to see the force pool, it says WAITING....

I am also wondering how much of a force pool is needed for say one BLU F rifle squad. I had 5 from doing one of the tasks but could not even spawn one person.

Finally is there a way to set the force pool to be dynamic but at the start to begin with a certain value to allow me to spawn in about a company or 200 units or so through the combat logistics. Ideally what I envision is to allow me to start the server and launch an invasion on the main island by me calling in logistics requests where I want them. Then hopefully they will capture objectives, giving me more forces to spawn in etc.

Another quick question is if I start out with 200 spawned BLU_F via the mil placement module, and then use the aforementioned method to invade where I want, is the Military AI commander going to to now attempt to keep the new number of units if I stop commanding? IE... there are now 324 units, will the commander try to reinforce at 75% of 324 or the original 200?

14. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Commander only tries to maintain the original starting forces level.

or Sign Up to reply!