ALiVE: Tanoa (Quick Start)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Hmm, It would appear one needs to sign in with specific credentials to download it from that site.

3. ^ Agree w/ Pol Pot...would love to have it.

4. Here's a copy until Tupolov updates his link to something public: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38551057/basic.tanoa.7z . ^^

Keep in mind that the mission / index will probably stop working once APEX releases tomorrow. Also I'm not sure if it's indexed on RC or DEV or that they are the same, you'll find out soon enough. :)

5. It's an RC index

6. Nice!

7. Sorry for this question, but how do I add these files correctly?

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven't had a chance to DL this file yet, but I'm pretty sure it should have a folder called "X". Put that folder in the root of the QuickStart mission or whatever mission you are making. Then, in your launcher or startup parameters, write -filepatching

EDIT: Oops! Wrong thread! :)

You'll still need to do the above with the index for the mission to work.

9. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Just place the contents of the archive in your missions folder and it should show up on scenarios and/or the editor. It's probably obsolete soon-ish since APEX is releasing around this time.

10. @marceldev89

After the official release, it's the X folder from the index in the mission root run with -filepatching, correct? Am I missing anything?

I'm looking to start building and testing tonight.

11. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

As soon as APEX is released (which it apparently is right now) they'll do a reindex and release a new ALiVE version. No need for x folders after that. :)

12. APEX is updating on Steam right now.

13. Friznit

11 Jul 2016 Administrator

Pre-release tester's build for Apex is here: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.0.7.1607111

More than likely going to be a shit load of bugs, not least with the Tanoa Index but feel free to give it a whirl. I'll be spending most of tonight bug hunting and redoing the index.

Now where did I put that bottle of wine?

14. Good to see, keep up the great work. :)

15. @Friznit

What would you like us to focus on, testing-wise? I'm assuming enough people will be messing with the Tanoa map and index (that's what I was planning on doing too), but I can mess with some of my other missions if you want to stress test the ALiVE update itself in various circumstances.

16. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Player Resupply - Specifically vehicles, boats, and containers. These should all be slingloaded and if close to water, boats should be dropped in water.
    Mil Logistics - Ensuring no scripting errors are seen and motorized units are slingloaded in occasionally
    Virtual Combat - Basically making sure no scripting errors popup and that virtual simulation never freezes

17. Friznit

Good news:

The Tanoa index works great.
    -image-

Tesing Mil Log / Resupply seems OK apart from new Forcepool readout throws a var error.
    No issues seen yet in Virtual Combat

Not so good so far:

CS Sling loading is wonky - picks up but won't drop off. Options still display even with Slingloading set to No in module.

AI is terrible at flying the new virtibirds!

18. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oooooooooh....

I see Al Rayak, N'Ziwasogo and Bozcaada have been crossed out on the indexing section of Github.

Thanks guys!

19. Friznit

Added: Diyala, Sugar Lake, Nogova, Sarugao A3, Bozcaada, Tanoa, Re-indexed: N'Ziwasogo v0.94 & Al Rayak v0043 :)

20. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So I'm having a couple startup errors with the new ALiVE test update when continuing a vanilla(ish) mission on Altis (ALiVE, CBA, Spyder Addons). I think one was reported above but the other I'm not so sure:

http://i.imgur.com/Xz48Zaw.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Ub05ZOc.jpg

A few other things. Ok, so the option to slingload is confusing me a bit. So I take it I can only command this to be done with manually placed transport choppers, correct? Anyway, I'm a bit confused by it but also am seeing some definite bugs. For instance, when commanding a transport chopper to slingload an object, I'm finding it has a very difficult time finding something to pick up.

I have a row of vehicles; mainly Hunters. When I command the chopper there it seems to really not want to find them but I will admit I may not be clicking on the map accurately enough. Mission makers should definitely beware of marking their objects either while making their missions or after moving them mid-mission. Also, I've yet to successfully get it to pick up anything, including the ambient cargo that now gets spread near the radius of the chopper. I guess it doesn't help that these don't show up as physical objects on the map (like a BLUFOR unit would be marked blue on the map, for example), but fortunately we can physically pick them up and move them with advanced logistics though.

This clutter, where is the option to allow/not allow?

Anyway, one bug I'm seeing is once a chopper unsuccessfully tries and fails to slingload something, it gets perpetually stuck and can't get sent on any new assignments. Although I was able to successfully command it to RTB, I can't get it to go back out and do anything else. I request it to slingload a new object, for example, I do get the radio chatter that it is on its way, but it just sits at the RTB point.

Also, with the radio chatter being voiced, that's a nice touch. Is American English the only option or does it inherit the speaking voices of the faction at hand? If not would other accents and languages be possible?

Regarding the logistics side, I have admit, the new phrases put in the tablet are not very clear. I mean I suppose I could ask you guys what it all means (please, what do they mean?), but I'd have to imagine if I can't figure out what the new logistics options are, new players wouldn't stand a chance. Would it be possible to phrase the logistics helidrop options a bit more clearly?

21. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh....the Tanoa QuickStart Mission? Superb. We have it up on the server now and man it's fun. :)

EDIT: Ah.....We had a "You were kicked off the game" error where we all got kicked. Though we were running ACE and Advanced Rappelling. Figured it was worth mentioning just incase anyone sees anything similar. But man oh map Tanoa is epic. It might be the best map I've seen in any game ever. Wow.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!