Military logistics module issue "A different type of some parameters is required"

1. 7 years ago

As I was rebuilding my set of modules after downloading the latest update, I was unable to place down the military logistics module as it says "A different type of some parameters is required" when I click ok and then it highlights the "Air transport Assets" with an exclamation mark. I have tried changing this specific parameter and the others, but it keeps insisting that I need change this parameter, regardless of what I do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

2. Tupolov

19 Jul 2016 Administrator

You got exact repro steps?

3. Deleted 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723
  4. Friznit

Delete and replace the module. A new parameter has been added to restrict air resupply to faction classes only (so if a faction has no helicopters, they won't be used for resupply runs - no more helis in WW2)

5. I went into the 2D editor (Ctrl+O in the map selection screen if you are not aware) Could be related since I guess it's not officially supported anymore.

I loaded up my old module setup mission, just consisting of modules from the previous version, to run comparisons and placed down the following modules: Alive (required), Player options, Virtual AI system, Ambient dynamic weather, military AI skill, the two civilian ones, Military commander and then the logistics one which is where it stopped.

6. @Friznit Delete and replace the module. A new parameter has been added to restrict air resupply to faction classes only (so if a faction has no helicopters, they won't be used for resupply runs - no more helis in WW2)

This refers to BCR's yea? How then do non-helicopter factions get BCR's then?

7. Friznit

Just built a new mission from scratch in 3DEN on Tanoa with all modules - no errors showing.

@HeroesandvillainsOS  This refers to BCR's yea? How then do non-helicopter factions get BCR's then?

Convoys!

8. @Friznit Delete and replace the module. A new parameter has been added to restrict air resupply to faction classes only (so if a faction has no helicopters, they won't be used for resupply runs - no more helis in WW2)

I would if I could, but my only option is to hit cancel on both old and new ones as hitting ok simply tells me that "A different type of some parameters is required" and it takes me back into the module screen.

9. @Friznit Just built a new mission from scratch in 3DEN on Tanoa with all modules - no errors showing.

I guess I have to, I just don't like getting used to new things. :)

10. Friznit

Also just re-opened my previous test mission from Tanoa without issues. Opening all the logistics modules without errors....

Sorry! Guess you've been ArmA'd :(

11. After reluctantly going in the 3D editor, it is working without issues, thanks for the advice. :)

12. Friznit

Learn to love the 3D editor - it has far more functionality and bits that have been missing from the 2D editor since OFP days. It's has more value as a DLC than Tanoa in my opinion!

13. Yes. I was very resistant to this change. Very very resistant. But now I absolute adore it. And pressing M is so dang close to the original 2D it's really a win-win.

Base building FTW!

14. Back in my day...

15. ....When you were a poor African child who's sponsor sent him $10 per month and had to script up hill both ways....

16. @SpyderBlack723 Back in my day...

...we didn't even have a 2D editor and had to setPos everything :)

or Sign Up to reply!