Custom Objective won't help OPCOM

1. 7 years ago

Hi. I've just installed ALiVE and I apologize if what i'm asking is incomprehensible or downright stupid.

I've been making a mission with 2 sides, with Mil/Civ/Custom objectives. Everything works good except the custom objective area. I've set an airbase by using the custom objective module and I want it to assist the OPCOM with the ongoing invasion of Kavala, but they just don't leave the base. The rest of the objectives work great.

The mission uses RHS mod (the airbase too), but I've also set an additional vanilla BLUFOR base up north in case it's an RHS induced bug.

I'll post a hyperlink to the mission here. Please let me know if I missed any additional files I'll need to upload. It has no external scripts, the mission only needs to be ran in MP mode. the mission folder is named alivetest5.Altis .

The problematic objectives are the two custom objectives at the eastern half of the island.

mission file

I appreciate the time you give by looking into this and please let me know if I failed to clarify my problem. Have a nice day.

2. It's possible that the custom objective does not have enough units to properly assist with the attack. OPCOM will always attempt to keep every objective under control and won't abandon objectives to attack another. It's also possible that the maximum amount of groups to attack was reached. OPCOM will tend to send a maximum of 3-4 groups to attack each objective.

3. For a test try bumping up the custom objectives units to higher numbers - if there are more groups there than OPCOM needs to defend it, they should get tasked and move away.

4. Hi again. I've found out that the TACOM gave me a warning of "no groups available". the AI commender had 2 factions. RHS USMC WD and BLU_F. removing USMC made the warning go away and now the units are attacking.

This being said, can I increase the number of sent groups by the OPCOM that are attacking? I know changing the attack type from occupation to invasion increases it. But can I increase it even further? Thanks for the help!

5. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Regarding the factions, check out the proper faction names for RHS here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

I'm honestly not sure if OPCOM will pepper a single objective with more than a handful of groups no matter what you do, but you could add a few custom objective modules over the place you want the units to go and set the priority and size within the modules to large numbers to see.

6. Hi guys. I've actually found out the base of the problem. It's not about the faction names or unit composition.

Even though the Custom Obj. is synced to the AI Comm., it'll throw the "TACOM has no units" available, if the Custom Obj. is far away from the AI Comm (in my case, Central Airbase for AI Comm, and Selakano Airbase for Custom Obj.).

Is this an intended feature or a bug?

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Make sure the faction in your Military Commander module is the same faction name in your cust obj module maybe?

What's the exact faction name you're using? Also, double check that the groups you're trying to spawn exist within the faction.

I'm sure the answer here is something really simple.

8. Edited 7 years ago by exnihilodub

im using vanilla blufor_f factions. It works when it's close to the OPCOM and doesn't work when it isn't.

EDIT: Actually, It's not the distance to the OPCOM, but to the mission. Reasonably, the objective won't make their units walk all the way to the other side of the island.

Now, I only need to figure out how to make the helis attack the objective.
    Thanks so far guys!

9. How do you want the heli to attack the objective? Called in by you, or automatically by the AI on mission start?

10. Automatically per AI requirements. I've tried syncing some manually-added (in the editor) units to the Virtual AI system but sometimes the units act separately from their groups (a motorized group spawning as troops and vehicles separately and not moving together. Maybe the AI makes them board vehicles if needed?). I just couldn't make sure if I should add the choppers on the map as virtualized units, or place helipads inside custom objectives to make them spawn automatically.

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm not sure about the second part. I've only personally ever manually added them and virtualized them. Whether or not OPCOM decides to send them on an objective I think will be determined on the ground threat that's assessed (helicopters being sent out seems to correlate with known enemy vehicle presence).

I've never tried the air assets option within the modules, mainly because I hear lots of stories of them just exploding due to spawning in less than ideal places. I'd imagine it might work ok on vanilla maps though but I'll have to defer this question to someone more knowledgable.

12. Thanks. Will keep those in mind. Also where does the hand-placed virtual units respawn when they die? Their initial position?

13. No units spawned by ALiVE respawn. If a Military AI Commander has a Military Logistics module synced to it, it will attempt to call in BCR's (Battle Casualty Replacements) to the nearest logistical point (Airbases, Ports, Military bases). This is not an immediate process however and the timing of BCR is dictated by settings in the synced Military Logistics module.

14. And just to piggyback off Spyder, if you're new to the Assymetrical Commander, the Insurgent OPCOM will replenish from the civilian population, so no logistics module will be required.

or Sign Up to reply!