Old Convoys?

1. 7 years ago

Was wondering if the old convoy script existed anywhere still?

I'm finishing up my final touches on my Russian 2035 Showcase mission. However, instead of the usual logistics. I would like it so a small 2 truck convoy spawns at the airfield and moves to the FOB. Then when they reach each destination, new ammo and weapons are gained inside crates. However, I'm pretty newbie at scripting, and I remember AliVe use to have a old Convoy script that could work. Is it still around a github or something?

2. If you're referring to the MSO convoy script then no it won't work for A3. AI drivers are soooooo bad that convoys don't really work well (although I hear the latest update BIS has made progress on improving AI driving skills).

You can try these however:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27874 (VCOM)
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20265 (Norrins)

3. Norrin's convoy script is outstanding

4. If you use one of the above, you could create a trigger at the destination which deletes the convoy and spawns virtual groups at the convoy's location (could also spawn ammo boxes too if you wanted). This snippet should help you do that! Then don't sync an ALiVE military logistics module to the OPCOM and you have a working alternative. If you need more details, let me know!

5. AI driving is bad, but I plan on keeping them careless, with limited speed. Will take forever but I have had very little issues with them getting stuck at lower speed.

Ultimately I would like to virtual them, and create specific tasking related to their condition. So players know that the convoy is being intercepted or something. Prompting players to investigate the issue, and clear out any threats.

I'll have to try that Norrin's script.

6. AI driving will be improved in A3 update 1.64

7. Unfortunately, the AI driving improvements in 1.64 are only applied to wheeled vehicles. Tracked vehicles will be done at a later time. :(

or Sign Up to reply!