ALiVE 1.2.0 doesnt spawn units!

1. 7 years ago

hi all !

I just updated to ALiVE 1.2.0, the first thing was to test my mission....and bad news....seems it doesnt spawn BLU and RED unit from military obj , civilian obj and custom obj.
    all the rest seems ok.

any idea? thanks for you help !

2. What factions are you using? Double-check the spelling in each module faction field. Open and close all ALiVE modules in the mission and test again.

3. Edited 7 years ago by AbZurd

I just tried the Stratis QS mission on our Rented Dedi server, and tried spawning a military obj attack with CSAT OPFOR.
    When I arrived at the objective, there were two (2!) soldier to eliminate. And this seems to be the kind that would normally be there since the objective spawned on one of the deignated compounds.

The server is initialized with CBA, Aliveserver and Alive, but it seem to have picked up on the other modfiles that are still on the server (Massi's NATO/RUS weapons, CUP Terrains, CUP Weapons, CUP Vehicles, CUP Units and norwegian units). These "additional mods" doesn't seem to interfere in any other way though...

4. If you can please post your server's RPT file to pastebin and link back here for us to look at. RPT file should be stored in the root of your A3 server directory (some providers have them stored under a \Logs subfolder).

5. Pastebin rpt

FYI: I am unsure if this rpt relates. Since answering last time and this reply, I have physically removed the other mods, so that only CBA, ALiVE and AliveServer are present on the server.
    And we've been playing the Apex Protocol tonight.

It is however, the only rpt on the server, and I'll gladly try to recreate the circumstances tomorrow (or report how it works now).

6. If you are not using persistence and don't have a War Room account setup then remove @aliveserver from your startup on the dedi... this could be causing your issues.

7. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

hello there !

sorry for the delay....too much work :( !
    i finally was able to test what you suggested right now, (open and close every alive module) and sadly it doesnt work :(
    still not spawning RED and BLUE units from custom obj and military obj :(
    didnt knew what pastebin is, hope i did it right!

http://pastebin.com/EfuxFxp0

.RPT file content should be there!

thnaks for your help guys !
    PS: i'm using just ALiVE mod and CBA . no alive server (i want a fresh restart every server restart)
    i run my dedicated server from my own PC, dunno if it has its own RPT or what .

8. Dude I can't believe you're still having this issue. Talk about getting the short straw. :( You had this problem months ago.

Does the problem go away if you remove the CQB module(s)? I feel bad for you buddy. Upload the mission and I'll try to take a look.

9. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

@DLEGION did you try creating a completely new mission with the SP editor and test in SP? It's probably the best way to get this debugged.

10. Thanks to both ! I really appreciate your help !!!
    When i get back jome i will upload it and link !
    Yes i tried msking a new one, and reopening all alive modules. No luck. Only ptevious vetsion eorks

11. here is the link of the full mission folder with all files and script.
    i tested with ACE3 and without ...no changes :(

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ddiqbhdph66e9ei/DWAR-ALiVE-09-10-2016.Altis.rar

you just need CBA_A3 , ACE3 and ALiVE mod !

huge thanks guys !

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You have the mi obj modules set to spawn "objectives only." Change them to "place units" and verify all of the other modules are set that way too when applicable.

Hey a word of advice. There are way way too many scripts in this mission. In fact, just having your mission on my computer gives me an error on startup about me missing an RHS scope item. It's weird! I'm not talking about when loading the mission either. I'm talking about the game's home screen.

My missions are relatively simple. I let ALiVE do most of the work. I keep it 7-10 mods at most, a few scripts, and usually the higher quality mods and scripts available for the game at that. And EVEN THEN, I swear to you, just going in and deleting something like an ammo box and replacing it can cause units to not spawn in my missions until I open and close some modules. It's a very annoying issue I have with ALiVE and it happens to me even when I change the mods completely.

It's a delicate flower IMO. It's very easy to break ALiVE's initialization. I know you've had problems with this for quite some time. And although the issue currently involved a simple oversight on your part with a module setting, I know you've had real issues before when nothing was obviously wrong with your setup. The amount of scripts you're using will only frustrate you in the long run. At least in my experience.

13. Huge thanks man for helping me again !!
    Tonight i will try to change what you suggested, i cant understand why with previous version was spawning units (i double checked replacing current version with previous and it work ) ....probably as you say its "a delicate flower " ! About scripys you are 100% right...i asked Xeno to shrink as possible....but he says he cannot shrink more than that...and im not skilled enought to make a dinamic domination by myself

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh well Xeno is a great script maker! I use his scripts so I'm sure you're in good hands. That was just a general rule of caution. Obviously test it. If you still have issues at this point it's definitely a faulty script (and where this RHS error or comes from I have no clue! Your mission doesn't require RHS so that's very odd!).

15. heey man ! i 'm testing it now...dunno but here seems all set up correctly !
    the BLU military obj (located at 20915m 7547m) was set in "place units" .
    same for the RED one (located at 26626m 24560m) seems to be set in "place units" !
    otheres are not supposed to spawn anything.
    thanks man !
    as a side note, if i replace ALiVE folder with the previous version, the exactly same mission spawns units correcly !

16. Did you try deleting @alive and redownloading it? It's very odd that the previous version works fine and the current one doesn't, there's no real reason for it.

17. I've never seen an ALiVE update change the placement settings like that. Not saying it's not possible because I have no clue but it's definitely odd the older version would be set to spawning units.

18. heey hi !
    i tried deleting modules and placing them again...no luck :(
    i try re-downloading ALiVE new version...
    thanks guys !

19. Edited 7 years ago by DLEGION

EDIT: just downloaded again new version, placed, tested...no way, it doesnt spawn BLU or RED units :( :( :(
    ...well you have my mission guys....for you it spawns units ?
    help :(
    please!

20. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

But DLEGION, units can't spawn using the mil/civ obj modules if you set them to "objectives only." It needs to be set to "place units."

Double click on all the mil obj modules please, take some photos and post the images here. Imgur is best for this.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!