Fight as BLUFOR Recon unit alongside INDEP assymetric guerilla forces against OPFOR

1. 7 years ago

@AliVE Devs and @ all seasoned mission makers:

I have built a mission set in the East Ukraine Conflict. In my alternative Reality, Germany sends Fernspäher (~Force Recon) units to support Ukrainian Army and Militias and in defeating the Separatists and Russian troops by various means:

1) Carry out recon and sabotage missions themselves

2) Direct the fire of German CAS assets and drones on OPFOR units

3) Direct the fire of Ukrainian CAS assets and artillery assets on OPFOR units

4) Support ukrainian army and Donbass Batallion in their conventional operations and support pro-ukrainian guerilla forces in their assymetric fight against the Russian forces and the pro-russian Separatists

To achieve that, I have set the mission up like this:

Map: Chernarus Summer

BLUFOR: BWMOD for the Fernspäher, Massi Chernarus Conflict for CDF (representing the Ukraine Government, and is not CUP because ATTOW CUP CDF has fututistic placeholder uniforms)

OPFOR: CUP for the Russians and pro-russian Separatists

INDEP: Massi Chernarus Conflict for the Donbass Batallion and CUP NAPA for the pro-ukrainian Guerillas - the Massi guys look more trained and are better equipped out of the box - like the real Donbass Batallion compared to a local militia.

I ponder wether to switch over to RHS and Project OPFOR, but with a mix of RHS and CUP I had the problem of CSAT spawning whenever I had RHS and other mod's factions in the setup - even if they were NOT on the same side!

More important than having HIFI RHS units is another question, though:

Is it possible to play supportive to an INDEP Guerilla Force against OPFOR when you are a BLUFOR soldier?

I playtested the mission as persistent dedi server mission hosted on my own computer (persistence worked completely, up to&including player position and gear) and had a blast so far; the only thing that didn't work as intended was the interaction with the civilians:

1) I have only the stock ALiVE system in use, not Spyder's expansion to civilian interaction.

2) The civs can be interacted with when approached by my BLUFOR player character. They are set to have low hostility towards INDEP, medium hostility towards BLUFOR and high hostiliy towards OPFOR

3) They give information, BUT: this information is not helping me to fight OPFOR, instead they rat out the INDEP insurgents to me! I tried what happens if I destroy the recruitment centers and IED feactories and received negatve rating for that when reading AAR after a server save&exit.

4) Is it possible that the civs instead help the Insurgents AND their BLUFOR foreign supporters with info about OPFOR? If so, how can it be achieved in current ALiVE version?

5) If it is not possible to have such a BLUFOR-advisors-fight-alongside-INDEP-Guerillas-setup in current ALiVE version, would the Devs consider it a feature worth of adding?

Best regards to all of you!

tourist

2. So here's the thing. The way things are currently set up, the civilian system will only work the Assymetric system. I don't think it's possible to set it up so the civs rat out a conventional (invasion/occupation) commander but the idea of that is really neat (feature request!).

The other issue I see here is, if you're working with the Assymetric commander, I don't think the AI enemy OPF (conventional/invasion) commander will ever destroy the insurgent HQ's. I mean, they'll attack. But to the devs, will his map just get inundated with insurgent HQ's if no player ever blows these buildings up?

The AI can't do that, right (feature request 2!)?

3. Dude, y u no play with Spyders Civ Interaction addon?

I don't know how it would work in your scenario, but it lets you specify the enemy faction, so it should work.

Also, the ambient vehicle function would be cool for your scenario.

Also RHS+Project Opfor+ORBAT man...

4. @Easy: I do use Spyder addons, just not the Civ interaction module because that one is, according to Spyder himself, causing trouble atm. Ambient vehicles I do use, though, and enjoy ;-)

Also I gave his detection module a go - he stated it's harmless if that doesn't work, but... it does mostly! I can dress as civ and move close to OPFOR without being detected IF alone and having no AI subordinates with me! What doesn't work is to dress as OPFOR.

RHS, as many had to find out the hard way, has it's very special configs and these ballerinas react very upset if you also play with others... meaning that I have experienced a bug that when ANY non-RHS faction was present, there would be CSAT spawns :-(

Project OPFOR sounds interesting once it's a bit more finished/polished.

ORBAT is a task in itself; will try that eventually - it could offer me new ways to combine different addons to give me RHS-like completeness of equipment without actually using it.

or Sign Up to reply!