AI mark discovered assym. locations?

1. 7 years ago

So I like going house-to-house looking for bad guys and assymetric installations with my AI geoup members.

I use a house clearing functions that send them into a house, go through all rooms and then come back out. If they stumble on baddies they will of course engage them, but if they go in to a house that is an Alive assymetric installation, I have no way of knowing what they find unless I tag along.

Is there any way to make the AI report any findings? Either through text notification or map markers?

If not -- consider this a request :)

2. This is a good request! Make it official on the Github!

3. This is a great request, honestly. This combined with C2 Command & Control would make sweeping villages a breeze with AI.

4. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

I don't think ALiVE can support that directly. You'd have to edit the house clearing script to check whether it's an installation and display some text in a hint or the chatbox. Don't know much about the asymmetric parts of ALiVE, perhaps @SpyderBlack723 knows what to call?

5. _building getVariable ["ALiVE_furnitured", false];

or maybe

_building getVariable ["ALiVE_mil_opcom_furnitured", false];
  6. I feel like it should be as simple as setting typing a code to detect if a certain type of installation object is within x meters of your group member, and if so a message can pop up saying something about an installation being found and a marker popping up at either the squad member that "found" the installation's location or the object that identified said structure as an installation. This is just off the top though, I have no idea if any of this is possible because I do not script whatsoever but it seems as if it might be an option? I don't know. xD

or Sign Up to reply!