C2ISTAR operations don't allow to move troops

1. 7 years ago

Hi all.

I have difficulties to have an operational C2ISTAR operations running correctly in my mission :

When I try to access the operation menu on the tablet, it opens the tablet, let me choose for blufor commander, but then after, no units are displayed, neither on the unit list nor on the map.

It was once accessible, but since I had more and more data on the mission, it one time disappeared.

I’m currently playing solo.
    As this scenario is quite huge, and I’d like persistence, I’m using a local dedicated server as described in the WIKI.

Also, I made a simpler scenario, that I can play solo without dedicated server.
    I set up a mission with OPFOR and BLUFOR, no independents, and I got an error saying there was no independent commander.
    I removed auto tasks for independents, and it was then accessible.

I tried that on my bigger scenario, but this has no effect.

Any hint ?

Thanks you very much for this wonderful mod and for your help in advance.

2. You say it worked at some point then stopped? Could be a mod conflict can you post your running mods and your RPT file if possible (server and client)?

3. Hi.

This was probably a conflict and I also had severe perf issues with player logistics, so I got rid of this mission (it was more or less a try). On other missions I have no longer both problems. thanks anyway!

4. This is a seperate topic from the OP but, is there going to be any improvements as far as names go in the operations section of the tablet? Sometimes its kind of hard to find which unit you're trying to command with the "e11" tags. Maybe allow some sort of "blue-force tracking in the operations tablet that displays the groups callsign (Alpha 1-1, etc) instead of the "e##".

5. We try to keep it realistic and to do that we would have to make up names for each profile. Only the groups that are spawned would have Arma - Group call signs and they would change between spawns.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Are virtual profiles even living long enough for most players for this to be a useful feature? Not to knock on the request. Anything more realistic is good. I just don't see any sense in getting attached to e1 because these virtual battles resolve themselves pretty quickly.

I can't think of a time where I saw a squad pinned down and fighting for dozens of minutes, let alone hours on end. If they fight they seem to die pretty fast.

7. Thats a thought;

Do virtual profiles use their weapon stats when engaged virtually? Im curious if lowering accuracy of weapons would give longer firefights in virtual space?

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Are virtual profiles even living long enough for most players for this to be a useful feature? Not to knock on the request. Anything more realistic is good. I just don't see any sense in getting attached to e1 because these virtual battles resolve themselves pretty quickly.

I can't think of a time where I saw a squad pinned down and fighting for dozens of minutes, let alone hours on end. If they fight they seem to die pretty fast.

Are you talking about virtualized units or actual units that are spawned in? If you're running vanilla Arma AI, that may be why. VCOM and ASR do a good job of prolonging firefights and livening them up a bit. I like to set the accuracy a little higher than the default settings on the mod, though. I like to feel like my head can get knocked off from peaking around the corner at the wrong time. :)

9. Well TBH, both. I was talking about virtual fights here, but yeah, real fights between AI don't last very long either. With or without AI mods.

Maybe it'll be better in Arma 4.

I generally turn down the accuracy but also note I really suck. :)

10. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

They use their weapon stats in a very basic way. Motorized typically defeats inf, mechanized typically defeats motorized, AAA > Air etc. This isn't definitive as one profile could be more 'damaged' than the other or make use of AT weapons. There is also randomized stuff added in to simulate what could actually happen in a real battle such as general accuracy.

Individual weapon stats isn't possible unless you want to donate at least 5-10 of your fps to the cause.

11. Well, prolonging firefights was never really my goal but making them more dynamic/tactical was! If you've never looked into GL5, I'd give it a shot! The AI manuevering is spectacular, the only downfall is it doesn't contain any type of "radio system" or call for help, like VCOM or ASR. I just can't stand it when a unit is fighting for their lives, and a friendly unit 100 meters away is just idling, watching the sunset. Wolfpack AI is worth an honorable mention as well (ported Arma 2 scripts from SLX and Gl4, etc).

or Sign Up to reply!