CSAR mission

1. 7 years ago

Has anybody had this mission work? I've never been able to complete it. I've only been able to find a downed chopper once and there was no crew in sight, and no change to the task once I got to the crash site. Am I better off removing it from my missions, or is there some hope for it?

2. Tupolov

6 Dec 2016 Administrator

I've completed it lots of times. The mission has two different types.

1. Crash site, the pilot will be near by, but he'll likely be in cover somewhere. You need to rescue him (walk up to him) before the task proceeds. Once you get a report of a crash, you need to get airborne and go find the site quickly (there will be smoke in the area etc)
    2. No crash site, pilot has ejected. This is more difficult, its a proper CSAR operation where you will likely need to fly around the area to find the pilot. The pilot will switch on an IR beacon when you are close.

Both missions take some effort :)

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh. Is receiving and completing the task as foot infantry not recommended? I just tried it a few days ago. I saw the downed chopper but died about 100m away from the marker because I suck. :(

I don't really fly well and also don't want to get shot down on the approach.

Can I go in on foot after getting the order and then call in support after I rescue him or should we definitely get air transport for the initial approach?

4. I'd recommend assaulting as infantry and clearing out the immediate CSAR AO then maybe calling in a transport helicopter to act as a recon helicopter, or you could use a drone. If you go the recon chopper route, make use of the IMINIT (Imagery) function under the "Intel" section of the C2iSTAR menu.

5. @Tupolov I've completed it lots of times. The mission has two different types.

1. Crash site, the pilot will be near by, but he'll likely be in cover somewhere. You need to rescue him (walk up to him) before the task proceeds. Once you get a report of a crash, you need to get airborne and go find the site quickly (there will be smoke in the area etc)
    2. No crash site, pilot has ejected. This is more difficult, its a proper CSAR operation where you will likely need to fly around the area to find the pilot. The pilot will switch on an IR beacon when you are close.

Both missions take some effort :)

Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, I've never encountered any type of crew. Is it possible they always get killed and the task just won't fail? The task usually places the objective marker somewhere heavily populated with hostiles, so I'm usually in contact for a good 10 minutes before I can even reach the CSAR objective.

6. Tupolov

7 Dec 2016 Administrator

If the crew is killed the task will fail. The crew will stay nearby the crashsite, but its easy to miss them if they are prone in long grass, jungle etc.

You can go in on foot, of course, its just harder to locate the site or crew that way.

7. Edited 7 years ago by Imbazil

I got this task when trying one of my maps, first I flew there in a chopper and managed to land without drawing attention. After running around for a bit chat said the pilot activated IR beacon but when I walked over to the marker there was no one in sight.

How precise is the marker? I did comb a 100m radius but I guess Its possible I missed it.

8. Tupolov

10 Dec 2016 Administrator

The IR marker should be attached to the crew and the map marker if where the IR beacon is. Sounds like a possible bug.

9. Just curious that this bug is related to using mod factions (currently using RHS). Can't remember if I've seen it with vanilla factions or not.

14:52:05 Error in expression <omms"];
    };
    [_returnPosition, _compType, _category, _taskFaction, ["Medium","Smal>
    14:52:05   Error position: <_category, _taskFaction, ["Medium","Smal>
    14:52:05   Error Undefined variable in expression: _category
    14:52:05 File x\alive\addons\mil_C2ISTAR\tasks\fnc_taskCSAR.sqf, line 132

or Sign Up to reply!