Vanilla Missions

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

I never use them. I always play against the rebels and occasionally the AAF

3. @AUTigerGrad I just can't...the Iranian Space Bugs....I... ....I..... I just can't.

LOL

4. Ha +1 on that. The Vipers too. I mean, it's just so stupid.

5. hahaha, I use to not be able to play without mods, but sometimes its better to have a good smooth game. I mean I play with the AAF vs FIA when playing vanilla.

6. But I am using some sound mods, display mods, and the russia faction 2035 which isn't bad at all for working in ALiVE. @HeroesandvillainsOS @AUTigerGrad I heard they broke the Russian faction for RHS, is that fixed?

7. @JD_Wang What kind of missions do you play against the rebels and AAF?

8. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Inspire1 The Russian RHS factions are fixed. I think we added a few new ones too. I have a post of complete RHS factions on the BI page, posted after the post about the last release. I can track it down if you can't find it.

9. I love mods. I use a ton and vary it up between campaigns. To be quite honest...I've had little to no problems with ALiVE due to mod conflicts. So many great unit mods, AI mods, etc. out there for ARMA as well. Vanilla is lacking in many ways due to the great innovations such as ACE, ALiVE, etc. in my opinion.

10. @HeroesandvillainsOS Is that on the Wiki Page for ALiVE in the excel sheet?

11. @AUTigerGrad I would love for the Insurgencies to eventually be able to capture vehicles and weapons from armies and use them against them. Or even a money system to supply arms. But that seems like a more in depth style.

12. @AUTigerGrad Have you ever beaten an Insurgency Campaign?

13. @Inspire1 @HeroesandvillainsOS Is that on the Wiki Page for ALiVE in the excel sheet?

No. Here you go:

RHS compatible factions:

USAF
    rhs_faction_usarmy_d
    rhs_faction_usarmy_wd
    rhs_faction_usmc_d
    rhs_faction_usmc_wd

AFRF
    rhs_faction_msv
    rhs_faction_vdv
    rhs_faction_vmf

GREF
    rhsgref_faction_cdf_ground
    rhsgref_faction_nationalist

SAF
    rhssaf_faction_un

I think rhs_faction_insurgents might work too but please don't quote me on that. Test it first. They may have a problem with vehicles or something? I can't remember why I left them off the list TBH.

14. @Inspire1 @AUTigerGrad Have you ever beaten an Insurgency Campaign?

Ha! I know you're asking him, but every time I start one in earnest I either notice something and open a ticket and wait, or add some amazing feature I always wanted (like drones) and start over. Lol.

It's a horrible cycle. :)

I think we completed an insurgency on FATA on his server once. I don't play with them too often but I remember one night we were at the tail end so I'd assume he at least beat that one.

15. @inspire1 Yes I've "Beaten" a couple. But honestly, it's hard to really win an insurgency campaign. Just ask the United States, UK, Germany, Spain, etc. who have been fighting an insurgency in Afghanistan for 16 years now. In fact...as soon as the ISAF forces left..the Taliban have gone right back in and taken most of the country back from the ANA.

Getting back to ALiVE though...the biggest obstacle right now for me is the lack of Blufor reinforcements moving out after persistent server saves. So because of the lack of Blufor units in most of the map now...Insurgents are spawning like rabbits.

16. Well I mean you can always just pillage everything and make it so the insurgency doesn't have much to go on. But that would be the opposite of what we want lol. I mean Russia managed to defeat some Insurgencies by totally destroying cities. Is it just bluefor units that aren't working correctly? or can opfor units still get reinforcements afterwards?

@HeroesandvillainsOS
    Question on the Russian faction now, do they have tanks included with it? Because I know they are separate factions..

17. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Inspire1 @HeroesandvillainsOS
    Question on the Russian faction now, do they have tanks included with it? Because I know they are separate factions..

No. Some of them have APC's but if you're talking about me integrating VMF assets into the other two Russian factions, no, I did not.

The idea was to simply fix the groupings, leaving them as is otherwise. If you want tanks, simply use multiple factions in your Commander module and give each faction their own obj modules.

18. Is it just bluefor units that aren't working correctly? or can opfor units still get reinforcements afterwards?

Reinforcements are side neutral. Reinforcements depend entirely on the Commander type. Occupation and Invasion commanders need a synced Military Logistics module to get killed groups replaced with new ones.

Assymetric Commanders need civ recruitment HQ's (and civs) to recruit new groups. Destroy and prevent all civ recruitment HQ's, or remove the civs somehow, and Asymmetric commanders can never replenish their forces.

19. @Inspire1 @JD_Wang What kind of missions do you play against the rebels and AAF?

I think the last vanilla mission I did was based just on the western side of Altis. We played as NATO and I used the OPFOR rebels as an insurgency with AAF holding all the military bases down south.

That way you had an insurgency to fight, but the further south you went the more chance you had of running into regular troops with APC's and tanks :P

I did something similar on Sahrani recently. A GREENFOR insurgency covering most of the island, but military bases and the SW part of the island was held by Russian troops. This gives my guys a little variety, and the odd surprise when you're patrolling a town talking to civilians and Russian armour rolls up on you.

20. @JD_Wang That sounds pretty interesting, so you did more of a conventional vs insurgency vs conventional style? I have been working on some missions where the Russians have annexed most of the southern bases on Takistan, and then a few villages ran by an local insurgency. With the Russians to the south and the Takistan Army to the north. But I am looking for a mission where either the Russians or the U.S. is supporting the local army to help defeat a insurgency, but unsure of which faction to use. As both are world super powers with the capability of destroying an insurgency.

21. Yeah I took it from the position of the russians had invaded, the US were there "to help" (Sahrani has oil right? :P) and the rebels (insurgents) just want them both to leave.

I had the civilians hating both OPFOR and BLUFOR and a low level of dislike to GREENFOR.

It lead to some interesting situations

or Sign Up to reply!