ALiVE and Heros Survive

1. 6 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm trying to use Heros Survive mod (https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/191553-heros-survive/ ) with ALiVE and I would like to know how can I save the parameters with persistence using the ability to store an retrieve custom local variables with ALiVE:

If I run, for example, "["Her_L_Thirst",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;" will it save Heros thirst values into ALiVE?
    and then place this in the init.sqf:
    _thirstStarted = "Her_L_Thirst" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
    if (isnil "_thirstStarted" || {!_scriptStarted}) then {
    // start script
    ["Her_L_Thirst", true] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
    };

to retrieve the value upon mission start will it work?

Any help is appreciated ...

Cheers

2. Hey @Riksen! Nice to see you around the forums recently. As far as I’m aware, I can’t think of any examples where someone has attempted to combine Heros Survive and ALiVE with persistence in mind. I definitely can see the appeal.

Gonna give you a bump here so it doesn’t get pushed too far down though I’m unsure anyone has ever tried to accomplish this.

3. Thxs Heroes. Hopefully, someone can shed some light into this :)

Cheers

4. 5 years ago

@Riksen, HeroesandvillainsOS and Devs:

I have tried Riksen's suggested way and achieved an error message upon loading the ALIVE save. Sadly it flashed only briefly so I couldn't get adecent screenshot, but the word "data" was in it... ;-)

Would be so cool if that could be made to work, but I have to admit it's way over my head to figure out how to save & load the custom variables.

5. You should be able to see that error message in your logs.
    If it was just in the editor then the easiest way to get to your logs is to click file and one of the last options is something like Open Log Folder or words to that effect.

6. Hi guys,
    I'm really interested by this tread.

I made a huge multiplayer mission on Tanoa, featuring Alive, Zombies&Deamons, Heros survive mods (and more). It took me few month to make it perfect. I never ask myself about the persistent problem as i ever used Alive Persistent before, and it work well.

Launching for the first time the mission online, it appear that the custom variables of Heros Survive mod are not saved in the persistent system.

Looking trough the whole internet, no way to found out a solution. The only things that seems to be a good way are those Alive codes :

["MyCustomVariable",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
    _value = "MyCustomVariable" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
    call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear

I think it should be combined with those Heros Survive ones :

• Her_L_Thirst // Integer
    • Her_L_Hunger // Integer
    • Her_L_BodyTemp // Integer
    • Her_L_Fieber // Boolean, true / false (false = no fever)
    • Her_L_FieberRyanZombies // Boolean, true / false (false = no infection)
    • Her_L_Money // Integer

I have zero feeling with writing scripts in Arma, i always created missions with the editor and the scripts i found on internet. I'm able to modify scripts, but not to create one from scratch..

Does someone can give me some kind of help, what kind of syntax, how to write that script, where to put it..

Any help is really appreciated, as my brain is actually burning of searching solution about this problem...
    Hope i can find any help here.

or Sign Up to reply!