Virtual AI Commander Issue Orders to Player

1. 6 years ago

Is it possible, with the player being a squad leader, for the Virtual AI to give the players team waypoints? Move here, for example. I know there are auto generated tasks, but those are sort of just generated at random with no real tie in to the overall battle.

2. Friznit

14 Nov 2017 Administrator

This is relevant to the discussion: http://alivemod.com/forum/3230-auto-tasks-suggestion-and-others-doubts/last

3. Thanks Friznit, so I see a lot of mention of that being in relation to the MACC. But, if I'm understanding your post on the other thread correctly, I should be able to just look in the C2ISTAR module's options, I should expect to see an option to set it to 'Strategic' which would generate tasks based on actual battlefield needs and data?

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@thick1988 Thanks Friznit, so I see a lot of mention of that being in relation to the MACC. But, if I'm understanding your post on the other thread correctly, I should be able to just look in the C2ISTAR module's options, I should expect to see an option to set it to 'Strategic' which would generate tasks based on actual battlefield needs and data?

I think that’s the hope for strategic tasking someday (which is only in the pre-release version), but as it stands right now, I think the only task you’ll ever get is an assault based task, and even then I’ve personally not seen it give any tasks at all, so I’m not even sure if it actually works. Consider strategic tasking highly WIP.

5. @thick1988 Thanks Friznit, so I see a lot of mention of that being in relation to the MACC. But, if I'm understanding your post on the other thread correctly, I should be able to just look in the C2ISTAR module's options, I should expect to see an option to set it to 'Strategic' which would generate tasks based on actual battlefield needs and data?

Yes Thick, with pre-release version you will see "strategic" in the module. And you will see something too in the C2ISTAR "Enable strategic trasks" on "Generate Auto Tasks" menu

@HeroesandvillainsOS I think that’s the hope for strategic tasking someday (which is only in the pre-release version), but as it stands right now, I think the only task you’ll ever get is an assault based task

I see strategic tasks "Search and Rescue" and "Transport" work too but some have fews bugs.

or Sign Up to reply!