the latest 1.7.1.1807171

1. 5 years ago

it seems in 1.7.1.1807171 on my server nothing is virtualized, my CPS with this version dropped from 40 to 4, and my object count jumped from 700 to 4500, and the FPS dropped by 20 to 24

This mission before the upgrade, had CPS=35-40, FPS around 48, and only about 700 objects

2. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Might be worth opening the modules to see if any settings changed. That would probably account for the FPS drop. 4500 objectives??? Is that what you mean when you say “objects?”

What are you seeing that’s making you think groups aren’t being virtualized? Is it that the markers never turn opaque when out of spawn range? Might be worth opening the Virtual AI module too to see what your spawn radius is set to.

3. armaremoteadmin the metrics in there is where I am getting the numbers.

I'm at a loss to the 4500 number, ever thing in the mission doesn't come to that, it's normally the total of of AI an ever thing I have placed.

When I do get in, can hardly move, but when I make active units, all of them are active, normally I will only see the profiles that are not virtualized near me,

I have double checked all the settings, removed a few things,

Now I'm at 2500 objects, CPS is up to 20, and FPS, is still in the mid 20's

Fun side note enabling the same mission with a single HC, takes the CPS to 1, and FPS to 10, (normally run with no HC's they seem to make things worse)

4. Why so many objects? What accounts for that 2500 number?

5. I have a large Server, ARMA using everything it can, but both CPU and memory are under 15% utilized, so we just try to see how big of a battle we can have on it.

Everything, AI, tents, supply crates,

My server can handle 4000, but the count always goes up, 5000 you start to see lag

6. Ok found it, I'm too tired to figure out if it has a relationship to the newest version, but the issue did begain after the restart to upgrade alive,

But it seems Spyder Add-ons, Ambiance mod had spawned a herd of goats, 2000 strong. I was left with no choice but to call in CAS and arty it was a close battle, I gave it all I could, but I'm sad to say the goats won.

I disabled the ambiance , and the server is back up to 40CPS and 40 FSP, objects are back to around 600

7. Ha. That’s kinda adorable.

8. A maybe stupid question: Do I need to replace the modules again on a mission made in an older version of ALIVE in the editor?

9. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

It’s recommended. Do I always do it? No. Has it caused me issues before because I didn’t? Yes. Rarely but because it can happen, it’s definitely something you should consider, especially if you’re having oddball issues.

OT because this is not a forum for Spyder Addons, but because I use it I’m curious. How easy is this 2,000 goats thing to reproduce? Do you have steps?

10. Edited 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723

xD

For security reasons (so I do not have to do all mission again :P) I decided to replace the modules and I have the impression that there was performance gain

11. Edited 5 years ago by YonV

I couldn't after I set the presence to false, when it was back to true, things were normal.

Which is disappointing, I was going to make a goat apocalypse mission

12. Edited 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@AngusDLX xD

For security reasons (so I do not have to do all mission again :P) I decided to replace the modules and I have the impression that there was performance gain

The way the profile system processes it's information was completely overhauled. The performance overhead of finding and spawning nearby profiles in particular was reduced to nearly no cost. Stutter on profile spawn was also pretty much eliminated.

Also I accidentally edited your post at first instead of quoting it, so ignore the "edited by Spyder" part lol.

13. @YonV what map was this on? I’m redoing a mission of mine on Isla Duala and suddenly see a ton of goat herds.

14. @SpyderBlack723 The way the profile system processes it's information was completely overhauled. The performance overhead of finding and spawning nearby profiles in particular was reduced to nearly no cost. Stutter on profile spawn was also pretty much eliminated.

Also I accidentally edited your post at first instead of quoting it, so ignore the "edited by Spyder" part lol.

You really can feel the difference between the versions. Congratulations to all the staff involved! It really was a big leap in performance!

15. Yes, the performance of the newest version is great, and I don't see any game breaking bugs either. Thanks to the team for all the work!

16. I was using Altis , and from what i could tell the goats were massing for an attack .

or Sign Up to reply!