Alive + ASR

1. 8 years ago

Hey everyone,

Just want to ask if someone use ASR_AI with Alive.
    I just want to ask because AI has some problem when using CQB, they just go away from the building every time a firefight start near their position.
    It's pretty bad because they just die by getting out by the same door. Imagine 5 guys just dead at the same place because our fireteam killed them without moving.
    It looks like they don't want to survive =)

2. Friznit

31 Mar 2016 Administrator

ASR is not the issue. BIS AI pathfinding in buildings is just terrible!

3. mhhh ok.
    Anyway to block AI in building to keep the cover. They never use building as cover, they just get out to fight.
    Hope to see something like goToWindow() function someday =)

4. Friznit

I wish there was. They have a terrible habit of simply leaving the buildings when in contact. There are numerous low level AI scripts on the forums which claims to improve it - VCOM_AI is one example.

5. I am thinking to give a chance to VCOM_AI, is that ASR compatible or it's better to just use VCOM ?

6. Friznit

VCOM does much the same thing but includes quite a bit more on top, so no real value in using both.

7. @Friznit ok thanks, I will test it with our guys. I'll try to update this post to give an update.

8. Use Pooter's enhanced ASR AI. Much better use of cover by enemies than vanilla ASR.

9. @AUTigerGrad I will give it a try. Thanks

10. Deleted 8 years ago by SavageCDN
  11. @AUTigerGrad Use Pooter's enhanced ASR AI. Much better use of cover by enemies than vanilla ASR.

Agreed.

12. I'm back with some news.
    We tested VCOM_AI yesterday on our server, we need more test on this mod.
    A lot of AI turn into combat without reason, but in general it's pretty good (compared to stock ASR).
    AT Soldiers seem to be more efficient and are able to take their rocket launcher before seeing a target (very human).
    I got some problems with vehicles, like a squad with a BTR that can't move at all, or BTR moving away of his squad and moving in an enemy camp to die at short range.
    Good point for suppressed AI, very impressive, they are just jumping on the ground to try to avoid contact and stay alive.
    Gunfight seem longer too, and it's a good point.
    Stock settings were not very good, very low accuracy.

@Friznit do you use it with Zeus, it looks like my problems can come from here

13. Friznit

1 Apr 2016 Administrator

Don't use Zeus to spawn much - tend to only use it to tweak existing ALiVE groups and clean up. VCOM still has a few bugs but generally seems OK.

14. Ok, seems legit. Do you have to add VCOM driving or it's in the overhaul mod ? Sorry lot of questions :S

15. Friznit

1 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Friznit

No idea! Better to read up on the VCOM thread on BI Forums though.

16. IIRC VCOM driving is a separate mod so you'd need to add both

17. @Friznit I did but didn't find anything about that.

@SavageCDN Thanks ! Fast answer as always !

18. Edited 8 years ago by KeyCat

@Friznit I wish there was. They have a terrible habit of simply leaving the buildings when in contact.

Maybe you already tried this and I don't know if this is feasible but a potential workaround could be to use...

this disableAI "Move"

randomly for some of the AI placed in buildings and then when a player gets closer than X meters enable him again.

/KC

19. Friznit

1 Apr 2016 Administrator

Forcespeed = 0 is better. Means the AI can still turn to shoot you but won't run off ;)

20. :)

Having ~50% (maybe even more) staying in the buildings would be nice.

/KC

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!