[URGENT] Persistence Issue - 09APR17

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Indisus

Hello there,

I am currently experiencing an extremely persistent persistence issue!

No matter how many fixes I try I cannot get our server to save player data at all.

Below detailed are (hopefully) the necessary details for somebody to help me with this

WORKING FEATURES

• Mission shows on War Room
    • Welcome Message Shows upon server entry .. E.g. Welcome back 'Name' etc. etc.

NON WORKING FEATURES

• All player data is not being saved, if I remove helmet, vest etc. This is not saved
    • All player location data is not saved, i.e. each server restart / re-entry results in being put back to the mission defined starting point
    • Advanced markers are removed upon server restart / reentry

ATTEMPTED FIXES

• Removing and replacing/re-configuring the 'Data' module
    • Checking every (wanted) part of the player persistence module (i forget the name) is set up e.g. Health Persist, Location Persist
    • Changing the name of the mission file to include no spaces it is currently 'OpSENTRY.clafghan'
    • Checking every step of the 'setting up server' has been followed exactly, and the mission shows on the War Room
    • Ensuring we are running the latest releases of 'ALiVE' and 'aliveserver'
    • Ive made sure to use Server Exit & Save on every test.

RPT File (from @aliveserver)

https://pastebin.com/DaN8MCxs

Please help! Our operation starts tomorrow 1930 GMT and the members of my community have had to endure weeks of 'Home Rotation' whilst I attempted to set this all up!

Many Thanks in advance! :)

2. Did you enable the database option in the player module? ^^

3. @marceldev89

Yeah pal I did, at first id noticed it wasnt checked, so went back and re-enabled it ... To no avail :( The issue still persists.

Im completely at a loss! Haha

4. Please anybody dont hesistate to ask for any further details you may need to help in resolving this ... So confused! :(

5. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

perhaps it's related to http://alivemod.com/forum/1550-please-ensure-you-remove-any-special-characters-from-mission-na ?

Also make sure that the players use the "Player Exit" button instead of the abort.

6. He has a space in his group name. Are spaces allowed?

7. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Should be, I think.

8. Edited 7 years ago by Indisus

Hey @marceldev89 @HeroesandvillainsOS

My mission name is 'OpSENTRY.clafghan' so no special characters or anything like that :/

As far as the group name goes, the actual group name is 2MERCIAN its the abbreviated nickname that shows as '2 MERCIAN' with the space, or so I think ...

So confused with this, the only thing I havent tried is changing the description ext to include Start Respawn -1 but then im sure that would only effect the position persistence and things like markers, gear etc. would still be showing

Thanks, Indisus.

9. Can you get us a mission that reproduces this without any mods besides CBA and ALiVE so that we can verify that it's setup correctly? If it is then we at least know that the issue is somewhere on the war room side.

10. Thanks @marceldev89 will get round to it!

In the meantime, not sure if this helps

ive since tested the mission with other players in , and they see something along the lines of

'Welcome Back 'NAME' , Unfortunately we were unable to load your profile'

And for me I still get the player profile loaded message but I still spawn at the start point with no info intact.

Thanks

11. Tagging @Tupolov since this is his area of expertise. ^^

12. 6 years ago

Im having the same problem as you and I also get the message "Welcome Back 'NAME' , Unfortunately we were unable to load your profile'"

13. Deleted 6 years ago by marceldev89
  14. Ping @Tupolov

15. After testing my mission, even though I'm getting the above message, all is working correctly. My stats is saving in the War Room and mission persistence is working flawlessly so I'm not really sure if there is a problem at all or just a bug in the message in my case. Can u send us the mission file marcel?

16. @Riksen Can u send us the mission file marcel?

Not sure what you mean by that.

17. I think he's asking if Indisus can send the mission that reproduces the problem, as you asked for above.

Do you need one of their missions @marceldev89 ?

18. Sure

19. Srry marcel, I meant Indisus ... lol.

20. We all confuse marceldev89 for other people so don't feel bad :)

or Sign Up to reply!