Static Weapons

1. 6 years ago

Now i fully understand that units only spawn with vanilla statics but is it possible somewhere in the alive file to change the default static weapons?

2. Edited 6 years ago by BvB

Doesn't seem to be at the moment. I made an RHS replacement (of stock static weapons) for my own use, with the added plus they then work with VCOM, and then tweaked VCOMs bag code a bit so ATGMs work too. As is VCOM wont use ATGMs due to their classname structure.

3. Fairly certain it is exposed via staticData.

4. I've looked everywhere for the staticdata. Is it a folder or a file and where is it

5. There are instructions on the wiki for how to modify it. You can browse everything that is editable via staticdata by looking at the staticdata.sqf on Github (Path: alive\main\staticdata)

6. How did you tweak VCom to let them use other static weapons besides vanilla?

7. A replacement config. It replaces vanilla static weaps with RHS ones, so in game a vanilla Nato GMG will actually be a Mk-19, AT Titan turret a tow, etc. Not mortars though, RHS mortars and the D30 arent working with Alive arty system.

8. can you post that replacement config file here?

9. Yea I haven't had any luck getting non-vanilla weapons to spawn, I tried editing the fnc_CQB.sqf from github but it seemed to break the entire CQB module

10. I'll try n put it up today. Will also do a few versions. Right now the AI is refusing to fire RHS Russian ATGMs, so will have one with IND/OPF using SPG9s. Also just an FYI it seems that CQB uses a mix of OPF/BLU static weaps for IND, rather than IND's own. So Taliban will have some Ma Deuces with their DShKs.

As far as the VCOM modification to get them to use ATGMs, Ill ask permission from Genesis, and also show him what was done to make it work. Can't make that available without his say so (his baby his call :) ). But at the least he can potentially include it in updates.

11. That would be amazing thanks!

or Sign Up to reply!