Persistence Unable to Open Config File

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

More specifically I originally had one set to control NATO faction, and then one to control RHS army faction and one to control RHS Marine faciton. Even if I only have 1 just Nato as I was going with no mods so I couldn't put in the RHS factions it wouldn't save for some reason. Even once I switched to a local database thinking it might be easier with less networking issues.

When you say only 1 per side is that per faction or side? I've currently got multiple from Opfor side, but different factions for each and it seems to work fine. Albeit long load times and save times but a small price to pay for a battlefield that feels genuinely ALiVE.

3. per side

4. Interesting, well that could certainly be a large part of some of the issues I've seen, I've currently got 1 commander for each CSAT, CSAT Pacific, The Guerilla Red for east, and then Syndikat set up as the asymmetrical commander for independent. That seems to work until I try to add any commander from a west faction.

Well that lets me know its time to go back to the modules and that it is not the server set up causing my issues. So for that I'd like to thank you guys.

5. 1 commander module can control multiple factions from the same side though, it's on of the fields in the module but can't remember the name. It should be set to something like ["faction_class_1", "faction_class_2", "faction_class_3"].

6. The field is called Override Factions:.

7. Edited 6 years ago by TheDragon117

Yeah I had started that way, I had switched to multiple commanders for 2 reasons 1. I had so many places covered that with one it was complaining I had too many areas for one commander and 2. I wanted to pit certain factions more directly against each other by having their placements synced. For instance, Marines would know about CSAT's and vice versa, but not about all the other factions, US army would know about CSAT Pacific and vice versa etc etc. you'd have 3 major factions battling it out separately, but of course together too as one could easily end up crossing paths with the other and the hostility would still be there. Then syndikat was supposed to be the insurgent force that was asymmetric force hostile to everyone just getting in everyone's way. At least that was the idea, but it would appear that I will have to look at another way of doing it is all. As they say necessity is the mother of invention so I'll just buckle down and keep on reading until I figure out a way to get similar results.

or Sign Up to reply!