Persistence Unable to Open Config File

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah that's a very likely explanation for the problem.

What I like to do is place my unsynced modules over slightly on the edge/off the map in my missions so I can easily see them even when zoomed out. Your test mission had them jam packed in the corner and all overlapping each other so when zoomed out, I thought you only had one module there. Lol. Probably easy to lose track that way.

Hopefully the duplicate data modules thing is the culprit.

3. Well, swing and a miss. I still have a few more modules to go through to check the status on but still couldn't save after removing the duplicate Data. Could I possibly need to delete both and then place another one? I'm considering rebuilding the mission from scratch and being very careful as I place each module.

Also I tried your mission, i was able to save and load back where I was, but I still got the error about not being able to load my profile from the war room, something is either broken or I haven't registered, which I have., and the AI didn't load next to me where I had run to so still seemed a bit off.

Could this potentially have to do with the fact that I have my server installed on a secondary drive? And I still don't understand why no matter what mission I play it cannot load me from the war room, so I think I still have at least two separate issues.

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Grouped AI locations are not persistent, only human players. So that is normal. There is a script I can link you that will teleport the AI in your group to your location on spawn (and respawn if you wish) but first we should probably figure out what's going on with your player profile.

So if it's fair to say the mission I sent you is persisting properly, I'd say the next step would be to have someone look into your War Room player profile and server stuff. This is unfortunately out of my league though.

@marceldev89 can you help here or is this Friznit and Tupolov territory?

Regarding your mission, I can always look over yours once you feel it's as set up properly as you can get it. In the meantime, take a look at the mission I sent you for the proper module usages.

5. Probably something for @Tupolov. couchdb is somewhat still magic to me. ^^

6. I have ai disabled in my mission normally so that doesn't hurt my feelings, but that is good to know so that I don't attribute it to any issues while I'm troubleshooting. Are their any official alive servers that I can join when I get home from work today to see if my war room profile works on a server that isn't mine that definitely set up right?

7. There are no "official" servers but you might be able to find a couple that are by other communities and are public.

8. After going over every module and making corrections to the errors I could find I still wasn't having any luck. So I started deleting modules one by one to see if I could find the culprit that way. Once I'd deleted all the modules pertaining to the friendly side, (NATO, US Army, and Marines) I finally saw the blessed tablet pop up saying it was saving. so I know what ever was keeping it from saving had to involve one of those modules. I waited for it to shut the server down to the lobby. Happy and excited I closed the server out waited a minute then loaded it again. My mission is pretty large so I'm used to long loads, around 10 minutes usually, but around the 15 minute mark I started to suspect there was a problem so I opened up the rpt file and sure enough it was looping " ALiVE OPCOM Waiting for Virtual AI System..." and had been apparently for a while. I still waited a bit just to see if maybe it would pull out of it but around 13 minutes of it looping the same message I went ahead and shut it down. As far as the mission goes I'm going thinking I made an error in judgement building it as far as I did without trying to make sure persistence would work first. I'm thinking I may delete my modules all the way out delete alive and reinstall it just to make sure its a good clean install, then slowly build it back in testing after ever couple of modules to hopefully detect the problem as soon as it happens instead of trying to check for issues corresponding between a bunch already placed. heret I don't see where it went south, when it saved it seemed to do fine, but when it loaded it tanked.

Perhaps something will be more evident to better trained eyes then mine. It just seems like I'm getting hit with errors from every direction, I don't know if its possible but maybe something was wrong with my first download and its just been making errors and a mess from there. I didn't get a chance to look for another public server to get on yet and see if it loaded my profile there or not that will have to be a goal for tomorrow. Might take a day or so off before trying again from scratch. Its a shame cause the mission played so well my friends and I had a blast. I'll stay persistent at it, even if my server won't, eventually I hope to crack it.

9. One of the RPTs is full with errors, did you remove the Virtual AI System module? In any case, there's a ton going on. I'm going to suggest to make a simple quick mission from scratch with just CBA and ALiVE loaded and go from there.

10. The Virtual AI system was still placed, but I agree, it will be much easier to trouble shoot bringing in one module at a time from scratch then it is trying to remove a module or two to find the problem as is. I'll let you guys know if I sort it out, it will probably take a few days to starting over.

Since it did save the mission provided by HeroesandvillainsOS I know that it can work, I just need to find the source of my current problems. Though I still keep getting the error about connecting to the War Room even when it did save that other mission, As far as I can tell it seems that everything functions, as far as the AAR and Battlefeed but getting it in that mission and the ALiVE example missions makes me think that there is an issue somewhere in my profile as well, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I can start a thread dedicated to that if it doesn't resolve itself at some point during my rework, it will be easier to troubleshoot without all these other symptoms clouding the field.

11. So after several different attempts it would appear that my issue isn't the config file at all, after playing with each module a number of times I've found that any time I create a "friendly" military commander module it will not save for some reason. I'll have to do more reading to see if I can figure out why or a work around. I liked having a NATO ally doing their own thing, but I suppose I could script a defense force instead if I need to.

Though I'm still getting issues with not loading my profile so I'll go through that process again step by step later today again and see if there is something I missed.

12. Edited 6 years ago by marceldev89

Define "friendly military commander"? Like 2 commander modules for the same side? If so, you should only use 1 commander per side.

13. More specifically I originally had one set to control NATO faction, and then one to control RHS army faction and one to control RHS Marine faciton. Even if I only have 1 just Nato as I was going with no mods so I couldn't put in the RHS factions it wouldn't save for some reason. Even once I switched to a local database thinking it might be easier with less networking issues.

When you say only 1 per side is that per faction or side? I've currently got multiple from Opfor side, but different factions for each and it seems to work fine. Albeit long load times and save times but a small price to pay for a battlefield that feels genuinely ALiVE.

14. per side

15. Interesting, well that could certainly be a large part of some of the issues I've seen, I've currently got 1 commander for each CSAT, CSAT Pacific, The Guerilla Red for east, and then Syndikat set up as the asymmetrical commander for independent. That seems to work until I try to add any commander from a west faction.

Well that lets me know its time to go back to the modules and that it is not the server set up causing my issues. So for that I'd like to thank you guys.

16. 1 commander module can control multiple factions from the same side though, it's on of the fields in the module but can't remember the name. It should be set to something like ["faction_class_1", "faction_class_2", "faction_class_3"].

17. The field is called Override Factions:.

18. Edited 6 years ago by TheDragon117

Yeah I had started that way, I had switched to multiple commanders for 2 reasons 1. I had so many places covered that with one it was complaining I had too many areas for one commander and 2. I wanted to pit certain factions more directly against each other by having their placements synced. For instance, Marines would know about CSAT's and vice versa, but not about all the other factions, US army would know about CSAT Pacific and vice versa etc etc. you'd have 3 major factions battling it out separately, but of course together too as one could easily end up crossing paths with the other and the hostility would still be there. Then syndikat was supposed to be the insurgent force that was asymmetric force hostile to everyone just getting in everyone's way. At least that was the idea, but it would appear that I will have to look at another way of doing it is all. As they say necessity is the mother of invention so I'll just buckle down and keep on reading until I figure out a way to get similar results.

or Sign Up to reply!