Can AI report found installations?

1. 6 years ago

Hi!

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

But is it possible to have AI in your group, or on the same side, report when they stumble upon Alive assymetric installations?

Reason I ask is that I play alot of singleplayer, and I order guys to clear houses/towns. All that works well for killing troops, but I have to run through every building looking for suspicious stuff afterwards, and it kind of breaks the flow.

If when a friendly AI gets close to an installation either the installation is marked temporarily on the map, kind of like when you get intel from a civ, or permanently in the Intel-section (both would be ideal), that would be great.

Is this possible to achieve as is?

If not, well then consider it a request :)

Love you forever.

/E

2. Highhead and I discussed this somewhere and unfortunately it's a lot more work than one would assume and worst of all, it's potentially performance strenuous. After talking it over and him messing with it and listing the possible downsides, it seemed unreasonable to keep the request open, so I removed my petition for this feature.

What I would like to see is friendly virtualized groups have a percent chance of destroying Installations they discover though! Seems kinda odd they'd fight in a area, clear it, and then leave the HQ's! I should open up a new request! :)

But regarding your request, I don't think it's going to be worth it in the long run. I'm not telling you not to ask for this or open a request, just remember it's not as simple as we'd think and potentially performance costly.

3. Oh, I see. But why though?

I mean, I'm obviously no Alive dev, but wouldnt something simple like have Alive create a 20x20 trigger on the installation and "if allied ai in trigger zone then mark position on map" work?

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh sweet I did actually open a ticket on this. Lol. I wasn't sure where we discussed it. Better for you to read his replies directly because he speaks dev and I speak noob.

I can reopen the ticket if need be, but I think you'll see why I was personally hesitant for him to invest the resources into something so small. If you have any ideas don't hesitate to voice them:

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/256

5. Edited 6 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@Easy Oh, I see. But why though?

I mean, I'm obviously no Alive dev, but wouldnt something simple like have Alive create a 20x20 trigger on the installation and "if allied ai in trigger zone then mark position on map" work?

This wouldn't be much use for the most part though. We would need to detect both spawned and unspawned AI. Which would absolutely tank performance.

6. Why unspawned?

If it would be only AI in the players group there'd be no need to detect unspawned?

or Sign Up to reply!