Takistan Insurgency

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Balthsaar

Hi,
    I'm CPL. Allyn and I'm apart of the Artamidae Private Military.
    -image-

My Experience

I'm making a mission and I've only touched the surface of actually making missions in the 3DEN Editor and ALiVE is used on a lot of the servers that my Unit goes around too and plays on. I want to know how I can make a mission sort of like theirs. I know the basics of 3DEN Editor and respawns etc. etc. ALiVE I can sort of set up Invasions but, again not what I want.

My Visioning

Basically what I had in mind, I want the Takistanian Army to defend every town on the map and have large forces recruiting, armor, light inf, etc. with my Unit just having a small Air Field as our Current FOB until we move out more. I've watched a lot of tutorials on YouTube upon making this Forum conversation, but every video has Two Commanders Constantly attacking each other. I only want the actual players (APM) to fight against the Takistanian Army who own the entire map except that one area with my Unit's Air Field.
    Here is a Picture of the Map to those who don't know.
    -image-
    As you can see, I have their HQ's made inside those Rectangles. The Alive Required Modules in the top left. Now that you know how I sort of Vision this, my plan is to have the Bottom Air Field to be my Units (APM) FOB until we make another in the map whilst playing using the Creation Factory and Convoys. The rest of the map should be owned by the Takistan Army setting up Roadblocks, Recruiting in the towns, Armored Patrols, Camps, etc.

Thank You in Advance!

I realize this is a lot to ask but, I'd like to figure it out because, My Unit would like to play on our own every once in awhile and we have come to like a lot of the ALiVE missions that we played on other servers and would like our own for our Mods and our Settings. Thank you everyone who helps or does their best to explain everything to me!

**EDIT: I don't know why the Images won't show so just Right Click and Open Image**

**EDIT 2: I've done what most people told me too, with the AI Commanders and Modules. Nothing seems to spawn I think I'm maybe missing Modules? I have Mil and Civ Modules set up and sync plus the blacklists and that's it, I'm assuming at this point I need more?**

2. You can place an enemy AI commander and set it to asymmetric. You can then place military and civilian placement modules that place enemy units and sync these modules to the AI commander. Both of these placement modules should have the name of the player FOB marker in their blacklist fields, this will prevent enemy units from spawning in this area.

This should cover the core of your mission. You can then spice it up with a CQB module or perhaps an IED module synced to the enemy commander.

3. @SpyderBlack723 You can place an enemy AI commander and set it to asymmetric. You can then place military and civilian placement modules that place enemy units and sync these modules to the AI commander. Both of these placement modules should have the name of the player FOB marker in their blacklist fields, this will prevent enemy units from spawning in this area.

This should cover the core of your mission. You can then spice it up with a CQB module or perhaps an IED module synced to the enemy commander.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. I'm assuming since you said nothing about it, I won't need an AI commander for my base, since it is, "Player Owned".

4. Correct. If you don't want friendlies mucking about then only place an AI Commander for the enemy side.

5. @HeroesandvillainsOS Correct. If you don't want friendlies mucking about then only place an AI Commander for the enemy side.

Alright, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Screw my complicated mind trying to make things harder than they really are.

6. If your group plays ALiVE missions on other servers you can break open those missions to see how the author put things together (assuming the author did not encrypt the mission pbo). They should be stored on your PC here:

C:\Users\<windows user name>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

7. Edited 6 years ago by Balthsaar

@SavageCDN If your group plays ALiVE missions on other servers you can break open those missions to see how the author put things together (assuming the author did not encrypt the mission pbo). They should be stored on your PC here:

C:\Users\<windows user name>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

I could but, I kind of want it to be ours and not a copied version, which I mean, I guess I could edit them. Only problem I'm having now is I did everything everyone said, but after about an hour of driving around towns near our FOB and around the actual enemy base, Nothing seemed to spawn what so ever.

**EDIT: That, and I also kind of had to restart my computer since the last time we played on a Joint Op Server so I lost their maps. They're on Hiatus as well damn! **

8. You can enable debug on the Virtual AI System module to see where profiles are spawning.

9. Edited 6 years ago by Balthsaar

@SpyderBlack723 You can enable debug on the Virtual AI System module to see where profiles are spawning.

Well I definitely saw the Enemys spawn as I flew an Apache over their Airbase. Nothing in the towns were working however. I have Civilian modules all set up but not even they spawn once we're within 1500m

**EDIT: I seem to get a black screen thing pop up when I'm playing it in Singleplayer about ALiVE Roadblocks spawn and some code I couldn't understand because it disappeared to fast.**

10. @Balthsaar ALiVE can take some getting used to. If you don't mind mods and the ALiVE wiki is confusing you, I'll send you an insurgency mission on Takistan to learn from. Though bare in mind, I use the 3CB and Project OPFOR mods and changing them to another faction will be more trouble than it's worth. But just to learn it will be perfect. Mission PBO is on the page. Use PBO Manager to unpack it if you want to open it in the editor.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959690876&tscn=1498795007

If not, read this: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Quickstart

And this: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

or Sign Up to reply!