Having Server Lag

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

ohhhhhh lol

3. I also get

Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?

several times, when I made the faction all the items/magazines fit? Would this have an impact on the server? Should I lower the magazines?

4. That's a very common rpt spam message. Don't worry about that one too much.

5. Ahhh ok thanks! I was also wondering how often do people do server restarts? After around a day it seems like AI Combat support slows right down (takes 5 minutes for it to pickup on what you told it to do like move commands), frames slow right down, units begin spawning without correct loadouts, units take awhile to spawn in, damage stops registering, etc

6. We don't run an Arma 3 server anymore but we used to restart it daily. Same with Arma 2.

7. Awesome thanks! Is there a way to use the server exit to save for persistence automatically?

8. Also I have had a few weird instances of being on a hill for instance for like 15 minutes and then all of a sudden tanks spawn right on my position?

9. heres my rpt https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl1p8pr2pucu1bh/ServerRPT.zip?dl=0

10. @Opendome Awesome thanks! Is there a way to use the server exit to save for persistence automatically?

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Persistence#Persistence_Script_Commands

Look under Autosave

11. Awesome thanks! So if I put

["MyCustomVariable", _value] call ALiVE_fnc_setData
    _value = ["MyCustomVariable"] call ALiVE_fnc_getData

in my init.sqf it will save and then load every time the server gets restarted?

12. For whatever the value of MyCustomVariable is yes

I think this is what you want for autosaving:

900 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS //where 900 is the save interval in seconds
    -1 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS //run at any time will disable autosave
  13. Perfect thanks! So id just use

900 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS //where 900 is the save interval in seconds

and not

-1 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS //run at any time will disable autosave

to keep it saving every 15 minutes?

14. Edited 6 years ago by Opendome

Oh also I want it to save to the ALiVE DB as its on a dedicated server so id want

["MyCustomVariable", _value] call ALiVE_fnc_setData //will save to the Cloud on next Server Save & Exit
    _value = ["MyCustomVariable"] call ALiVE_fnc_getData //will load on next mission start or when command is executed

then right?

or would I use

900 call ALiVE_fnc_setData

in my init.sqf?

15. Edited 6 years ago by SavageCDN

the ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS function only works with local persistence.

This line - ["MyCustomVariable", _value] call ALiVE_fnc_setData is for saving specific variables to the DB (ie: if your mission uses a payment system you could save the player's money to a variable before restarting so they wouldn't loose their money), not for saving the whole mission.

So yeah just use this line in init:

900 call ALiVE_fnc_AutoSave_PNS

Note there will be some desync / lag when saving.

16. Ahhh awesome thanks! I always thought mission persistence was saved to the cloud? In ALiVE data I have database source set to the cloud. So objectives, unit location, virtual layer, logistics, etc has always been saved locally?

17. also does anyone see anything unusual in my rpt? Im really stuck and I dont see anything that stands out

18. If you have it set to save to cloud and you have a War Room account then yes it should be saved to the cloud.

That RPT is hard to look at due to all the mod errors (*cough* RHS *cough*). What's the issue you're trying to fix?

19. Edited 6 years ago by Opendome

Sorry for so many questions haha. So in that case using

would save it to the cloud?

I wonder if its RHS causing my issues. Im having issues with a few things, there are times where we'll be on a hill for say 15 minutes or so and FPS is still ok (40-60) and then all of a sudden enemy units/tanks will spawn in right on top of us. It doesnt happen all the time but happens occasionally. Also there are times where all clients who are playing drop to 10-20 FPS after awhile, after closing/reopening arma being in the exact same place right after frames go up to 50-60. Also I think it may be an ORBATRON issue but factions ive made sometimes only spawn in with a uniform (missing vest/helmet) some elements of the original import (such as vanilla clothing) etc.

Does anyone know of any better optimized alternatives to RHS?

20. CUP. But honestly, none of this sounds normal. If I was you, I’d strip the mission down to the very basic necessities (I would personally gut it down to just vanilla + the faction mods) and play it locally to see how it holds up. If well, then and only then would I put it back on a dedi to test to see if that’s where the issues lie.

From there you can add mods back in to see which is causing your problems.

21. @Opendome Sorry for so many questions haha. So in that case using

would save it to the cloud?

No there is no auto-save to cloud function - to local DB only.

Heroes suggestion is a good one - try to strip out most of those mods when building the mission and add them back once things are working.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!