Headless Client & ALiVE Performance and AI Issues

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Mannulus

I just found out that if you have ALiVE on with HC, the AI become "stupid" and your FPS is actually lower than normal. If you don't run ALIVE it does not have the same issues.

I ran an AI test of 100 units without ALiVE and saw the HC was properly assigned and everything went great.

Afterwards, I ran the same test with ALiVE and the AI went dumb and FPS was down by 10-15 fps.

Mod List:

• CBA_A3
    • ACE3
    • All RHS's
    • Task Force Arrowhead
    • CUP Terrains (Core, CWA, Maps)
    • HLC MP5 w/ Core
    • Kimi's HMD
    • klpq Music Radio
    • BackPackonChest
    • SpyderAddons
    • 3denEnhanced
    • Immursion Cigs
    • ACE Extension
    • Scripts
    • ATM Airdrop
    • VCOM

Any idea what is wrong?

2. Friznit

16 Dec 2017 Administrator

Can you reliably repro it with just ALiVE & CBA?

3. @Friznit Can you reliably repro it with just ALiVE & CBA?

Just made one with only ALiVE and CBA and still get the same results. I am currently even uploading a video of it atm.

4. Edited 6 years ago by Mannulus

Here is the video. Sorry with the artifacts with the grass. Recording ArmA 3 with my grass settings is odd.

5. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The grass thing is a vanilla Arma issue (disgusting I know), nothing to do with your PC.

That video doesn’t strike me as being that odd. You’re hip firing from a kilometer out in the first section and the second section you’ve just come up a hill with AI looking away from you on a patrol route. I mean I guess in a perfect world the first group would at least hear the gunfire and do something but without a side by side without using an HC or running a similar test it’s hard to say.

6. Edited 6 years ago by Mannulus

@HeroesandvillainsOS The grass thing is a vanilla Arma issue (disgusting I know), nothing to do with your PC.

That video doesn’t strike me as being that odd. You’re hip firing from a kilometer out in the first section and the second section you’ve just come up a hill with AI looking away from you on a patrol route. I mean I guess in a perfect world the first group would at least hear the gunfire and do something but without a side by side without using an HC or running a similar test it’s hard to say.

True, but here is another video showing the same thing.

Go to 1:10 and watch from there.

7. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok that doesn’t look right. I have a feeling you can duplicate this without ALiVE. Can you get the same thing to happen setting up a group with a move and cycle waypoint, in safe mode, and see if it still occurs? Probably needs to be reported to BI or whoever you determine to be responsible (I see you’re using RHS there. Always best to test without unneeded dependencies).

8. highhead

19 Dec 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by highhead

are you seeing the same, if you wait 2 minutes before engaging the AI?

What we may be seeing is:

• The first time the AI fires at you, it is still on the server after you teleported near it
    • AI Distributor switches the AI to HC after an average of a minute after spawn (interval for distribution check is 60 seconds), and the AI then looses all the knowsAbout information and walks away
    • you then get near the AI again, and the knowsabout value is set again, so AI is also firing at you again
  9. @highhead are you seeing the same, if you wait 2 minutes before engaging the AI?

What we may be seeing is:

• The first time the AI fires at you, it is still on the server after you teleported near it
    • AI Distributor switches the AI to HC after an average of a minute after spawn (interval for distribution check is 60 seconds), and the AI then looses all the knowsAbout information and walks away
    • you then get near the AI again, and the knowsabout value is set again, so AI is also firing at you again

I think that is what it is. We had an op today with the HC and increased the spawn distance to the norm of 1500 to give AI time to switch over. Had a very intense firefight today so I am happy.

10. @highhead, your old AI Dist. code ran every 10s + exec time -> https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/debfc4f9abcff4c369bcee5095d9175d0f0f0725/addons/main/fnc_AI_Distributor.sqf#L78

New code is 60s + exec time. We could lower it, or add an opition with 60/45/30/15 sec. interval in the module or something.

or Sign Up to reply!