Enemy AI helicopter use

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Check this first. In-game open the ALiVE Menu. Click Operations and see if your side has any motorized or armored virtual profiles in the groups list.

Then debug Virtual AI and see if the enemy commander has spawned armored and motorized vehicles around the map.

Also do this: in the Virtual AI module, make sure it’s set to “virtualize synced” units. Make sure to sync the choppers you placed for both sides to the Virtual AI module. Make sure it’s the choppers you are syncing, and not the units inside it.

3. Helos are virtualized (ie. e0, e9 or so). There are a decent set of motorized and armour units spawned in on both sides. I set Virtual AI to virtualize everything except synced units and don't have them synced (ie. inverse of what you said), but if you think that makes a difference I can change it back.

Battle kicks off fairly quickly since they're close to each other, but no helo action.

4. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yes please try it the other way. Virtualize only synced units. Humor me. Try it.

5. No difference unfortunately.

6. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Send me that mission with the Virtual AI set for unit’s synced please and I’ll check after work later.

7. Cool. Updated mission here.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjxep2z5a9v40wy/AliveTest3.Stratis.zip?dl=0

Thanks

8. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks. No biggie I can check this myself, but since it’ll be a few hours and you seem free. You say they are all close to each other. I’m assuming this mean all profiles on all sides are spawned into the game world on mission start because of how small the playable area is.

This is not a typical use case for ALiVE. I’m fact, if this is the kind of mission you want to make I see no sense in using ALiVE at all since you won’t be using the Virtual AI profile system.

Does this behavior improve if you spread out the battlefield where both sides are far enough away the enemyside is virtualized on mission start?

9. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Nevermind, the mission is setup fine. Ok, so yeah, I think something is up. I can see in the Operations menu that the virtualized helicopters don't show up as available groups for BLU. Fairly certain they should be in this list as "air" and they are indeed not They also don't move, so not totally sure what's going on.

I have to wonder if something has changed and some functions have been shifted over to MACC. Honestly I'm going to have to bring this to our Dev Slack so be patient with me until I can get a reply. Thanks for the report and I'll be back when I hear something.

10. Heya sorry had to head off to work. Agreed it might be under MACC now. I did see for the first time that OPCOM called for QRF air, but that was after MACC was removed. Will try same mission with MACC and unmanned helos later this eve and see if that fares better.

11. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah please do. A specific dev is the one that wrote all this air stuff and he’s busy at the moment. Consensus in Dev Slack from the others is that it must have shifted over to MACC. Please confirm it works with the Air Commander if you have a chance. If I hear back I’ll let you know.

12. @Lukeocyte Air unit logic has been shifted over to MACC. :)

13. Heya ,
    Finally got some time to test and reran the mission, but with MACC and some empty helicopters. Still no dice. OPCOM calls for QRF of type air, but MACC doesn’t follow through on it. Helicopters look like they’re profiled fine as they show up in debug and MACC spawns in pilots for them, but they still don’t do anything.
    Any ideas? Has anyone had this work for them?
    Thanks again.

14. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven’t used MACC hardly at all myself. Make sure the marker area the air commander has defined as his airspace has enemies within it though. Common mistake.

15. Yup have the MACC airspaces overlapping where all the combat is taking place, but helos still just sit there. Not sure what I'm missing. You sure helo support isn't still WIP possibly?

16. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Well considering all air control has been shifted over to MACC that would be quite the regression. I’m really not to open acquainted with the setup for it though. I have a general idea.

Can you make an ALIVE and CBA only mission with MACC that demonstrates the problem and post it here? I may have to ping someone else to look at it though.

17. Hey Heroes,
    Here's the latest attempt. Have got MACC in place with overlapping zones between the two forces. Let me know if you find out more about how MACC works or if ground support has yet to be implemented. Thanks for your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3knwkjxjvq7u3n/AliveTest3.Stratis.zip?dl=0

18. Edited 5 years ago by V_Vulpes

Hello All,

I unfortunately can confirm Lukecyte's problem. I followed all the steps in this post an got to the same results. Helicopters spawn correctly, are virtualized correctly but do not start.

Interestingly enough: planes do start but circle over the AF.

Respawn of assets does not seem to work too.

EDIT:
    I just checked an older ALiVE Mission i set up and there everything was fine. When i reconstruced that mission in a new one, the problem occured again.

19. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@V_Vulpes Hey thanks for the report.

I believe the problem is related to all Air profiles having been shifted over to the new Air Commander. Without it they won’t do anything, as opposed to how they used to in the past. Are you using the Air Commander module or no? If so, what’s the problem? If not, try it out and report back.

20. Edited 5 years ago by V_Vulpes

I tried both actually. I used the Air Commander successfully before in other scenarios so I probably didn't do anything wrong. It isn't too complicated either.

When the misson starts up the Air HQ is established and editor-preplaced as well as aditionally placed air assets are succesfully virtualized, which I checked via debug. Then the first Broadway requests (for CAP for example) are reported in but denied some short time later for the reason that apparently no aircraft is available.
    This all is reproducable

If i can test out something else, please let me know. I'm glad to help.

21. @V_Vulpes if you’ve used MACC before and feel there’s a new problem, feel free to open a ticket here:

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!