Overlapping zones (and other questions)

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by Rody00

-image-

1. So this is a mission I've been working on. CSAT (players) vs NATO (AI). After looking around with the Zeus camera, i found there was not enough enemy activity in the airport area (top right). My question is: can i place another zone overlapping the existent zone and place down a military placement module (with its TAOR as the new zone)? Does the virtual commander handle the overlapping zones nicely or should I avoid overlapping them?

2. Also, I'm not sure if i even need an extra zone and military placement module. As CSAT advances, will the NATO commander start retreating its forces to the airport dynamically?

3. Another thing: i'm trying to make some tasks that involve securing a few areas on the map. How can i make the task be marked as completed when the area is (mostly) clear of enemies?

4. Last question: the military placement module has an option to place down air units. Do they get used at all or are they there for show? Do I need the Air Commander module?

EDIT:

5. Can i edit some modules after playing and reload an already existing save?

6. And now a request if a dev is reading: please allow people to accept/refuse a given task and to change the frequency of them.

EDIT 2 - EDIT HARDER:

7. I've checked and when i call in logistics via helicopter, it (helicopter) seems like it randomly spawns near the module. I don't really have military installations near that area that i can make it use. Suggestions?

2. @Rody00 1. So this is a mission I've been working on. CSAT (players) vs NATO (AI). After looking around with the Zeus camera, i found there was not enough enemy activity in the airport area (top right). My question is: can i place another zone overlapping the existent zone and place down a military placement module (with its TAOR as the new zone)? Does the virtual commander handle the overlapping zones nicely or should I avoid overlapping them?

Yes you can place multiple modules over each other. Just be sure to give them unique names. Alternatively, you can simply place Custom Objective modules over areas set to spawn units if you want more of a presence in specific areas.

2. Also, I'm not sure if i even need an extra zone and military placement module. As CSAT advances, will the NATO commander start retreating its forces to the airport dynamically?

If the BLU Commander gives that location a high enough priority, they should prioritize that location over others, though you may want to test it a bit in the editor and if it’s not populated enough, try adding some Custom Objective modules over it, set to spawn objectives only, and increase the priority number. I’d start at 300 and move up from there.

3. Another thing: i'm trying to make some tasks that involve securing a few areas on the map. How can i make the task be marked as completed when the area is (mostly) clear of enemies?

You can make tasks in the editor, but bare in mind the task states won’t persist if you plan on saving your progress with ALiVE’s persistence data option. You may be better off just living with the tasks given by the C2ISTAR module.

4. Last question: the military placement module has an option to place down air units. Do they get used at all or are they there for show? Do I need the Air Commander module?

Yes but only if you use the Air Commander module.

5. Can i edit some modules after playing and reload an already existing save?

Depends what you’re editing. Good rule of thumb is though, no don’t expect any edits you make to take effect if you load your progress. It’s best to start over.

6. And now a request if a dev is reading: please allow people to accept/refuse a given task and to change the frequency of them.

You can refuse (and generate) tasks in the ALiVE menu, under the tasks submenu and also blacklist certain tasks from appearing at all. http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

7. I've checked and when i call in logistics via helicopter, it (helicopter) seems like it randomly spawns near the module. I don't really have military installations near that area that i can make it use. Suggestions?

Can you rephrase the question?

3. Edited 5 years ago by Rody00

What I meant was that the logistics trucks and helicopters spawn pretty much in the middle of nowhere. There is not even a house nearby. The starting are for csat is so small that there are barely any military structures for it to use. Could I create a custom military placement and set it as HQ for it to use as a field base?

4. Rody00, I think you'll want to edit your Military Logistics Module to 'Static' for Reinforcement Type, which does this:

Fixed - Static selection of logistics insertion point. LOGCOM will find the closest High Priority Military Objective to the location of the Logistics module on the map. This must be held by Friendly Forces. If the location is lost, Logistics will cease to function until the objective is recaptured. The objective must be under side control and in "reserve".

From: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Logistics

In my experience, it works really well if you want to have that 'end game' objective or simulate a staging/landing area that reinforcements arrive at to then transition to the frontline.

5. To detect virtualized units in a trigger area:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Detect_Virtual_Units_.28Profiles.29_in_a_Trigger_Area

or Sign Up to reply!