Can't get civilians to flee

1. 5 years ago

I can't get the ALIVE civilians to flee when I shoot at them or near them. They just continue doing whatever it is that they were doing. I unloaded all of my other mods to see if they were causing the problem, but still no fleeing civilians. I have tried it on both custom and ARMA maps with the same result. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Also, on a side note, sometimes civilians spawn inside inaccessible buildings (ones with non-opening doors).

2. @SpyderBlack723 did you fix this in a recent commit or no?

3. @HeroesandvillainsOS I know there was a prior thread called "fleeing civilians" but that was about civilians who would not STOP fleeing, where as my problem is that the civilians won't START fleeing.

4. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Bulljump yeah I know. I was asking Spyder to confirm if this closed ticket with his fix addresses the civs not fleeing issue:

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/522

Fairly certain it is fixed internally and will be in the next ALiVE update.

5. Edited 5 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Don't think there is anything to fix, we don't touch AI danger fsm. The commit you linked is unrelated. I can look to see if we ever set civs to careless but I doubt it.

6. @HeroesandvillainsOS and @Bulljump we just started using the civilian function within Arma and guess what...those crazy folks actually run and hide in the areas you designate as safe areas for them. If you start shooting or blowing stuff up around them they tuck their heads and run to cover. You have to designate an area for them and they will go there until its safe to come back out again.

7. How are the safe areas designated?

or Sign Up to reply!