Alive not recognizing RHS

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

@Shizzak updated to 0.3.6 and it still does the same shit

Just a quick read of this thread so I may have missed something, but this looks like your problem. If using an old version of RHS you need to be using RHS Insurgents compat addon. I think that 0.3.8 rhs units works fine with ALiVE without the insurgents patch.

3. Unfortunately that's not the answer. The problem lies with the RHS configs. The RHS team decided not to use standard Arma 3 unit class guidelines so the ALiVE team had to manually map all of their groups to make it usable with ALiVE. Somewhere along the way something broke and manually synced units and similiar stuff will not count as usable by the commander.

4. highhead

6 Jul 2015 Administrator

are there groups defined for those factions?

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Well, just tested this again and now it's working with zero issues for me. Can anyone else confirm the opposite using RHS (0.38) and ALiVE (0.9.9)?
    (Besides ElectroEsper I guess)

6. yes its working flawless.

7. So i have updated RHS and Alive, still getting this error: ["rhs_faction_msv","rhs_faction_vdv"] "Please check if you chose the correct faction and that the faction has groups defined in the Arma 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!"

NB: Testing in the preview if that has anything to do with it.

8. This happends if you have your mission modules setup bad too. Check it out.

9. Edited 8 years ago by Biggah

EDIT: made my own tread, no need to hijak this one

10. Edited 8 years ago by ElectroEsper

Apparently my community had hold-on updating RHS to 038… I will rerun my tests and report here once done.

Still, I'm confused as to why manually mapping would not work. Is the file for RHS only a staticData.sqf included in the add-on, or is it something else?

Edit : Ok, so far with last version of both ALiVE and RHS, seems to work, at least with rhs_faction_usarmy_wd, haven't tested yet Russia's one, and haven't yet tested it with custom mapping of those factions (Russia use way too much infantry on foot to my taste :P )

Edit2: Having the issue I had with "rhs_faction_msv" and "rhs_faction_vdv", again editor placed unit are not recognized as group from either factions.

Edit3: I tested every supported RHS factions, results on OPCOM/TACOM use:
    "rhs_faction_usarmy_wd", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.
    "rhs_faction_usarmy_d", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.
    "rhs_faction_usmc_wd", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.
    "rhs_faction_usmc_d", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.

"rhs_faction_insurgents", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.

"rhs_faction_msv", Placement spawned units are used, hand placed ones are not even recognized.
    "rhs_faction_vdv", Placement spawned units are used, hand placed ones are not even recognized.

ALiVE 0.9.9, RHS 0.3.8 for both Russian and USA armies.

11. It works now. I had to wait for the new update

12. Just to update, still happening.
    I also took the opportunity with the "Commanding" feature in the newest version of ALiVE to check on the OPFOR Commander.

Not unit are attached to it, even tho there is plenty of "rhs_faction_msv" groups on the map.
    Seems that blacklisting groups provoke the same bug.

Is there anything that could provoke such a bug? Groups are virtualized, registered by the Profile Handler with the right faction, they have their entity number and all.

Am I still the only one experiencing this?

13. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

What factions were you using? It works fine for me with no issues using rhs_faction_usmc_wd and rhs_faction_usmc_d

14. Edited 8 years ago by ElectroEsper

Well, that's the thing, here let me paste my investigation:

I tested every supported RHS factions, results on OPCOM/TACOM use:
    "rhs_faction_usarmy_wd", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.
    "rhs_faction_usarmy_d", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.
    "rhs_faction_usmc_wd", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.
    "rhs_faction_usmc_d", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.

"rhs_faction_insurgents", works flawlessly, both Placement spawned and hand placed units are used.

"rhs_faction_msv", Placement spawned units are used, hand placed ones are not even recognized.
    "rhs_faction_vdv", Placement spawned units are used, hand placed ones are not even recognized.

The problem is from my experiences centered around the Russian factions.

Funny (not so funny) thing is that if I group any units/vehicles of those factions to any perfectly working groups of any other factions, those precise groups will not be attached to the AI Commander, but will be registered and virtualized, yet never be used, even if they are the only groups on the map.

15. Thanks, will test around.

16. Cancel that, blacklisting is not causing the problem. My community did something to RHS, will investigate what it is and report back if it can be of use.

Arma you sneaky B! You made me look like a fool once more :P

17. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I tested rhs_faction_msv and it seemed to be working fine. Placement modules all work fine and syncing units is fine (can see them with debug and command them with the tablet)

If they changed anything related to groups or units configs it might have messed something up :)

18. Edited 8 years ago by ElectroEsper

Found what it was, they added this :
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27477

RHS Merge (RU)

It messes the whole thing up it seems.
    Will do further testing before claiming that, but if it is the sneaky problem maybe that's something to add as a note in the "supported faction" part of the wiki.

Edit : Seems it did the trick on my end.

19. Good find

20. @DaVidoSS RHS and ALiVE works great.

they sure do work great!

21. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by TheCrawly

Bumping an old thread, but I was going crazy trying to find a solution for Alive not working with RHS units until I accidently stumbled on a solution.

When you copy ctrl +c the faction names from the Alive wiki it adds an invisible character at the end (newline or something). So when you paste it in game it won't work. Just mark and delete the last (invisible) letter and it will work (did for me at least).

or Sign Up to reply!