Server freezes (Fixed!)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

@Tupolov Thank you @SOAR_Jooce @SOAR_Griz for the logs! I will look into this.

I did note

The server is running version: 154.134149

Assuming this is a perf build? If so, which one?

also, 18:54:36 There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["OPF_G_F"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea! isn't great. We've seen issues before when OPCOM doesn't find groups.

Whatever tf_microdagr is I wouldn't use it, its causing RPT spam (a lot!)

There's no ALiVE specific error, which is good, nothing is "failing". The Virtual AI profile system is still running at the end.

I'll run the mission on a dedi and see if I can reproduce

Once again, thanks for your patience and diligence with this!

v15 for the performance binary.

The microdagr was from the guy that mistakenly joined with all of his mods on...

3. Tupolov

13 Feb 2016 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Tupolov

Also, there's some issues with this mission. Not quite configured correctly. I'm gonna remove the scripts, tweak the mission to have it how it should be and pass it back. I'll leave it running tonight to see if I get the freeze.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency has more details on how to get CQB working with AI Commander (Asymmetric)

4. Edited 8 years ago by SOAR_Jooce

@Tupolov Also, there's some issues with this mission. Not quite configured correctly. I'm gonna remove the scripts, tweak the mission to have it how it should be and pass it back. I'll leave it running tonight to see if I get the freeze.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency has more details on how to get CQB working with AI Commander (Asymmetric)

I changed two things about the mission. Spawned RHS Russians via the Military module for ALiVE and put down a BTR at spawn.

Everything else was 100% out of the box Stratis Insurgency that's included in the mod files when downloading ALiVE.

Edit: Just running the mission won't cause it to freeze. You'll need to be in and "playing" spawning some BLUFOR to attack the REDFOR should work. Just spawn enough units simulate actual game play.

5. Tupolov

Hey,

Yeah to have asymmetric work with CQB, the Mil module has to have same faction as CQB. So, I updated that. I ensured that OPCOM had groups to work with by doing this.

Also, to remove any doubt, I got rid of extra scripts etc. I know that this mission has been pushed out as ALiVE Insurgency, but tbh the additional scripts etc are not part of ALiVE and could impact performance.

So, I ran the mission for 6 hours on dedicated with RHS using rhs_faction_insurgents. Just me though and a local dedicated server. I placed the player in a position where OPFOR would spawn and start taking over the island.

I didn't experience a freeze, but as you say there was no competing BLUFOR force other than AI at the base.

Mission is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bydf4NQlStBjTm1JSFRvcmNBenM

I'll do more testing this weekend.

Cheers

6. Tupolov

Also, suggestion from BIS is to test with RC 1.56...

7. @Tupolov : In our experience, the server won't necessarily experience a freeze without a Player or Players actively participating. There needs to be one or moreplayers on the server using items and firing to cause the issue, and it can be totally random when it freezes.

Thank you for trying to track down this issue and get it squashed. My unit uses RHS religiously (even though I'm trying to make them expand their minds some) and I would love for RHS to play nice with AliVE again.

8. Tupolov

Our "developer" is actively testing with (1.57 dev and) 1.56RC from BIS, so we hope to hear back soon.

I did spend 30 mins moving around shooting up the place, but yeah good to know it is likely linked to MP netcode of players joining etc.

9. Did you mean test with RC 1.56? As 1.56 is supposed to be the next big patch?
    Tell him thanks for his testing!

10. We'll try out the mission tonight.

11. Well, it may not just be RHS. I rebuilt my mission, replacing RHS factions and entities with Massi's Vehicles, Weapons and Middle East Warfare mods, and had the same freeze happen to me.
    I will try to repeat my testing with my version later as I cannot be for certain it was a cause of one of the mods.
    My server node has been experiencing a DDoS attack today, so that may be what froze it this time around. I'll experiment more.

12. Testings suggest it's not RHS. Servers also crashing without it.

13. Well.... lets hope 1.56 is able to squash the problem then. Or it can be tracked down somewhere.

I guess I'll just be shelving ALiVE in the meantime :( Vanilla play just does not enthuse our unit at all.

14. Tupolov

14 Feb 2016 Administrator

Ok so looks like it's not fixed in 1.56 or 1.57. So, the original ticket was logged in 1.52. This suggests that it's something ALiVE introduced at some point, possibly in 0.9.9. However, would have thought you guys would have seen this earlier than November... We have a clan doing more testing for us today (thank you Kelly's Heroes!) to nail down which ALiVE releases this can be repro'd with. They are also going to test 1.52 again to confirm.

15. Tupolov

Looks like 1.52 is stable so far - 4 hours of testing... With ALiVE 1.0 and same mission that was freezing with 1.54+

16. @Tupolov Looks like 1.52 is stable so far - 4 hours of testing... With ALiVE 1.0 and same mission that was freezing with 1.54+

SOAR also rolled back and attempted to use 1.52 prior to ALiVE 1.0 as well. It appeared to resolve the freezing issues but created more issues for us as a result.

17. Maybe it's a combination of something introduced in 0.9.9 and 1.54? Before 1.54 it wasn't affecting things, then when 1.54 hit it blew up?

I just started to use ALiVE at 0.9.10 so I can't comment on before that.

18. Tupolov

Well the testing done so far points to something that BIS changed in 1.54 that makes ALiVE unstable. No freeze with ALiVE 1.0 and 1.52... Not many options here but to declare support for 1.52 only until we work out what the issue is.

Obviously this isn't a position we want to take, but no choice until we can find the fix.

19. @Tupolov Well the testing done so far points to something that BIS changed in 1.54 that makes ALiVE unstable. No freeze with ALiVE 1.0 and 1.52... Not many options here but to declare support for 1.52 only until we work out what the issue is.

Obviously this isn't a position we want to take, but no choice until we can find the fix.

I take it this isn't something Dwarden's performance binaries have fixed in conjunction with the current RC?

20. It seems not. Although I think Dwarden is aware of the issue due to it affecting other mods also, notably Altis Life.

21. Tupolov

15 Feb 2016 Administrator

Ok all another update...

So to recap.:
    1.54/6/7 + ALiVE 1.0 + CBA_A3 + ACE = netcode freeze
    1.52 + ALiVE 1.0 + CBA_A3 + ACE = NO netcode freeze
    1.56 + ALiVE 1.0 + CBA_A3 = NO netcode freeze (so far)

We're now testing older versions of ACE to see if this is an ACE+ALiVE issue...

Would appreciate if you guys could also test without ACE just confirm our successful tests so far.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!