Post mission init-add CAS unit

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by tallguyjv

I am looking to add a CAS unit after mission init. I have an airplane scripted from taxi to take off along with 40 of his buddies on the Nimitz. I created a dynamic taxi,take off,landing, rearm/refuel hanger to deck script for Nimitz controller for AI. Once the plane is done with its "thing" i would like it to be an option for CAS. I have tried the alive_fnc_cas and alive_fnc_casint without success. Furthest I have gotten is I have no idea what things I should put in the passed parameters in order to get this to work. I know I maybe using the wrong functions also. If there is a way to remove a CAS unit that would also be valuable intel. Has anyone worked with CAS functions or added a CAS unit post mission init?

2. I think this got overlooked.. .BUMP!

3. I know there is a function for this that Gunny added awhile ago. Will try to find it!

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Okay, I believe you'll want to use ALiVE_fnc_CombatSupportAdd and ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove.

You'll want to call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportAdd with the following parameters:

[_type,_settings] call ALiVE_fnc_CombatSupportAdd;

_type : The type of combat support, can be "CAS","TRANSPORT","ARTILLERY"
    _settings: Array of settings
    0: Position of vehicle
    1: Direction of vehicle
    2: Classname of vehicle
    3: Callsign of vehicle (string)
    4: Code to be ran on vehicle spawn
    5: Height of vehicle

So, to add an attack helicopter to the CAS list, you would do..

["CAS",[getPos player,0,"B_Heli_Attack_01_F","EAGLE ONE",{},0]] call ALiVE_fnc_CombatSupportAdd;

For combat support remove..

[_side,_type,_callsign] call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove;

So, to remove the vehicle created above..

["WEST","CAS","EAGLE ONE"] call ALiVE_fnc_combatSupportRemove;
  5. Great... added to wiki:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets

6. Thanks m'Lady :)

7. Lol

8. I do look good in a sun dress...

9. 6 years ago

Where do I run this command?

10. Any place that is viable to run code. It could be in the onActivation field of a trigger, a script file, a waypoint completion statement.

or Sign Up to reply!