ALiVE Command Tablet

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Unfortunately the :

Variable 'tacticalcommanddisplay' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace

still show up.

3. Alright thanks, hard to debug when I don't get the error myself. I'll continue to work on it, I think I know how to fix it now.

4. And do you get that one ?

\TacticalCommand\Base_Classes.hpp, line 1725: '/ALiVECommandTablet_RscToolbox.onToolBoxSelChanged': Missing ';' prior '}'
  5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I have not been getting that error, but I have fixed it.

Thanks for letting me know!

I have hopefully fixed the serialization error as well.

6. Getting this error first time loading..

Variable '_display' does not support serialization. Call 'disableSerialization' in the current script [maybe 'STC_fnc_onload'] if you need to use it.

7. onLoad already has disableSerialization in it.
    Try the latest version from github (make sure you select branch:GUIRework) and tell me if you still get the error.

It should be fixed.

8. Re-downloaded latest version from GUIrework on Github to to make sure.

Single player gives this error the first time you access it....

Variable '_display' does not support serialization. Call 'disableSerialization' in the current script [maybe 'STC_fnc_onload'] if you need to use it.

Multiplayer gives this error the first time...

Variable 'tacticalcommanddisplay' does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace.

Everything seems to be working properly, have played about 4 hours using the different functions.

9. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Lol... alright. I'll give it another look over. I was 99% sure I hit all instances of saved display variables. Thanks for letting me know.

Really wish this stuff would pop on my screen..

Variable '_display Gives me another idea to fix it.

Edit: Updated Github with another fix attempt if you want to try it. It should fix the first error. I still need to find out where the leftover 'tacticalcommanddisplay' variable is at.

10. That's seems to have fixed the error in both Single and Multiplayer.

11. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Both or just first one listed?

Thanks for testing!

12. Both, no errors popping up at all.

13. Awesome, thanks again!

14. Confirmed. No errors.
    Is there any possibility to enable high command in MP?

15. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

That's to come given it works with no issues. My main concern lies with spamming the server too much. There is a lot of data that needs to be transferred back and forth in order to keep functionality, so I need to find the best way to get all required data at the same time while not stressing the server too much. My main concern was getting it working in the first place and then slowly transition into an MP Compatible version if possible.

I've also started working on an insurgency mission in which I am trying to impement a lot of scripted features including ALiVE-related scripting to increase mission ambiance and uniqueness. That's slowed me down a bit, but I've got a long weekend ahead of me so I'll definetely try and start an MP port of High Command. Since I pretty much only play Multiplayer (friends and better performance), I really want to having it working in MP as well.

16. Edited 8 years ago by dakaodo

Holy cow, just checked this thread. I got busy last month, and forgot you'd mentioned it until I reread your response to my BIS post. I improved some of my earlier kludges with editor and ALiVE. So I am perfectly ready now with a big battalion vs battalion fight on Isla Duala, to try out your tablet functions this weekend. The features sound amazing!

My mission maker muscle is ready!

17. Well it's certainly grown massively in the last month, hopefully more to come. Let me know how you like it!

18. This is VERY awesome. Great work man, can't wait to see where this goes, especially with the new reworked Combat Support stuff on the way!

19. For anyone who wants to try out the new Command Tablet, It's included in my mission Spanish Sunrise in the ALiVE Missions Thread.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514836264

20. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Is there any possibility to enable high command in MP?

Gonna try and hit this over the weekend. I've got a pretty good start, just need to convert everything so that it starts on client, gets data from server and sends it back to client, then finishes the operation on client.

Edit: Good start = Great start, will obviously need testing but I can probably have a first version done by the end of tonight (next 6 hours).

Edit 2: Tablet fully working in MP as far as I can tell, will do some further testing tomorrow then do a release assuming everything is still good to go.

I've went ahead and brought the entire thing on github back to one branch now that the GUI Rework is behind us. You can grab the latest version from the master branch https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/ALiVE-Tactical-Command/tree/master

Todo:

• Implement unit marking into High Command (Done)
    • Making Ambient Commands button functional
  21. Spyder, sorry to drag up an old thread but I'm really keen to use these features. I think some stuff is included in the current release but just to confirm, until RC 1.0 drops from the heavens, should we still download it from your GitHub?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!