ALiVE Command Tablet

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Both, no errors popping up at all.

3. Awesome, thanks again!

4. Confirmed. No errors.
    Is there any possibility to enable high command in MP?

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

That's to come given it works with no issues. My main concern lies with spamming the server too much. There is a lot of data that needs to be transferred back and forth in order to keep functionality, so I need to find the best way to get all required data at the same time while not stressing the server too much. My main concern was getting it working in the first place and then slowly transition into an MP Compatible version if possible.

I've also started working on an insurgency mission in which I am trying to impement a lot of scripted features including ALiVE-related scripting to increase mission ambiance and uniqueness. That's slowed me down a bit, but I've got a long weekend ahead of me so I'll definetely try and start an MP port of High Command. Since I pretty much only play Multiplayer (friends and better performance), I really want to having it working in MP as well.

6. Edited 8 years ago by dakaodo

Holy cow, just checked this thread. I got busy last month, and forgot you'd mentioned it until I reread your response to my BIS post. I improved some of my earlier kludges with editor and ALiVE. So I am perfectly ready now with a big battalion vs battalion fight on Isla Duala, to try out your tablet functions this weekend. The features sound amazing!

My mission maker muscle is ready!

7. Well it's certainly grown massively in the last month, hopefully more to come. Let me know how you like it!

8. This is VERY awesome. Great work man, can't wait to see where this goes, especially with the new reworked Combat Support stuff on the way!

9. For anyone who wants to try out the new Command Tablet, It's included in my mission Spanish Sunrise in the ALiVE Missions Thread.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514836264

10. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Is there any possibility to enable high command in MP?

Gonna try and hit this over the weekend. I've got a pretty good start, just need to convert everything so that it starts on client, gets data from server and sends it back to client, then finishes the operation on client.

Edit: Good start = Great start, will obviously need testing but I can probably have a first version done by the end of tonight (next 6 hours).

Edit 2: Tablet fully working in MP as far as I can tell, will do some further testing tomorrow then do a release assuming everything is still good to go.

I've went ahead and brought the entire thing on github back to one branch now that the GUI Rework is behind us. You can grab the latest version from the master branch https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/ALiVE-Tactical-Command/tree/master

Todo:

• Implement unit marking into High Command (Done)
    • Making Ambient Commands button functional
  11. Spyder, sorry to drag up an old thread but I'm really keen to use these features. I think some stuff is included in the current release but just to confirm, until RC 1.0 drops from the heavens, should we still download it from your GitHub?

12. What's in Spyder's GitHub that isn't already included in the tablet for MP?

13. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

The version on my github is far behind, a completely different version. After being included in ALiVE it went through a total rework. I would recommend using the version included in ALiVE as it has all of the same features plus more (and more well done). The only things not included are the group manager (ALiVE has it's own) and the 1st screen which has been split into a separate intel tablet (Also found in the operations tab of ALiVE).

14. Is there an ability to request reinforcements / recon / assault? That's what sounds awesome! Cheers for the speedy reply by the way.

15. You can do that by simply ordering nearby groups to your location and changing the waypoint characteristics. That feature was developed before the high command was created, which rendered the requesting reinforcements useless.

16. Fair enough. Really liked the sound of ordering a recon patrol who marked enemy en route and scoped out a target before attacking.

17. Edited 8 years ago by jmlane

Agreed! I had no idea that was possible given the current wiki documentation and UI in game. Great contribution @SpyderBlack723.

@SpyderBlack723 You can do that by simply ordering nearby groups to your location and changing the waypoint characteristics. That feature was developed before the high command was created, which rendered the requesting reinforcements useless.

By this, do you mean that requesting reinforcements is useless because of the military logistics feature or just the tablet operations menu allows you to assign units to the position you want reinforced?

18. Requesting reinforcements was basically sending the desired number of closest groups to a location. You can do this with the high command interface.

19. Are you talking about Bohemia's high command interface?

20. The C2ISTAR Operations feature if I'm not mistaken.

21. The C2ISTAR Operations Interface is correct. It's basically the high command interface but working fully with ALiVE profiles (Even when virtual).

or Sign Up to reply!