TRACE and Persistence?

1. 8 years ago

Will TRACE work with persistence or will the cleared zones reset to red every time I launch the mission? I know that it will save the status of whether or not an area is cleared but will TRACE also follow?

2. IIRC trace does not persist - not sure if it's a technical problem or just hasn't been done yet.

3. Friznit

26 Nov 2015 Administrator

It was never a designed to. TRACE was built for the Insurgency mission really so wasn't part of the persistent intel provided by regular ALiVE C2ISTAR.

4. Is it something you guys would consider adding persistence to? I guess not a big deal as long as zones still stay cleared.

Insurgency is like the only mission type I play and I see this question asked a lot.

5. Since this is a pretty old thread and I got the same question, I'm rather reviving this one than creating a similiar one..
    Is the TRACE System made persistent in the meantime? Will the green Areas go back to red when enemies go back into it?

6. Also bump. Reasoning is that TRACE can be confusing to new players and the marking of un checked areas still nags at the healthy non OCD amongst us. If it could be Sync'd to the CQB or virtualAI modules or redesigned to be a more defining part of gameplay, in large campaigns its still useful to clear areas and have these excluded from spawning. TRACE marks the only real sign of capturing area that I know of and I think its potenitally underused as a huge gameplay boost. I am also new to ALive and am not sure I have seen persistence workign correctly so I may be wrong in how it works.

7. highhead

25 Apr 2016 Administrator

It is persistent to all players within the same session (!) but cleared grids will be reset on mission restart. Does this help?

8. Yeah. Is it possible to turn those grids red again as soon as enemies arrive?

9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Wouldn't that sort of be like cheating though? The idea of red boxes is where enemies could be, not where they are. I like the idea of them systematically reverting, and especially persisting someday. That would be great.

10. 7 years ago

I am not talking about the big red grids in which a possible enemy presence is shown. I talk about the TRACE, earlier CQB Grid. the smaller ones. As soon as you clear them, they turn green. But an enemy patrol or some other guys could reenter that grid and it would still be green.
    I'd love to see it turn red in that case again, so the player know that this area is not cleared (enough)

11. highhead

25 Apr 2016 Administrator

It will turn red again if you are approaching a green zone where an enemy is in.

Otherwise there will be no physical enemies in cleared areas because there are no players near, so it is also not possible to unclear green zones easily.

There would be a possibility by unclearing whole zones/sectors if a virtual enemy moved in, but its not really fitting as the green zones mark "cleared buildings zones". If a virtual group would move through an area, it would unclear that sector (mark it red again), for players lateron to "clear" it, but they will not find any enemies other than the virtual group, which simply cannot fill all that buildings, even on "garrison". CQB areas have been cleared beforehand (thats basically why the markers have been green in in the first place).

I hope you see the logical issue here

12. So the small Grid is only for if the buildings are cleared, not the streets? If so, i did understand, thanks a lot

13. highhead

26 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by highhead

Its intended for clearing buildings, so the grid is only visible if there is a house in that grid and it will be marked green if there is no enemy in this grid +/- 25m. It doesn't matter if there is a street in there though.

or Sign Up to reply!