Vehicle persistence help

1. 8 years ago

Hi, seem to have everything set up fine. Everything including vehicle position, player position, ammo etc is all working fine. However, the vehicle damage is not persistent. Everytime i damage the vehicle and server save and exit, the vehicle is in the same position as i left it but its like brand new again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Has the vehicle been entered/left by a player unit since after being damaged? Vehicles are saved when a player either enters or exits the vehicle.

3. Yes, I read a previous thread about that and I have entered it, drove round, exited and shot out the tire and that didn't work either :(

4. You exited then shot the tire out? If that's the case, it won't save as the save happens when you exit, not after. Any damage after the player exits won't be recorded.

5. Sorry I ment I exited the vehicle not the game.

6. He's saying after the vehicle gets damaged, you need to enter and exit it again for the damage to persist.

7. Oh sorry I misunderstood. I will give that a try now. So damage it, jump in, jump out, exit game and re join and it should be fine? What if it was blown up? How would that work?

8. That is still the same. Just shot tire out got in and drove it got out and did server save and exit. Rejoined and the vehicle is undamaged again

9. Maybe give it some time, like 30 seconds or something like that. Maybe it just needs time to process code and send data to the database.

10. Ok thanks, ill give that ago too. Its a shame really because it kinda ruins the experience for me. I want it to be if we don't take care of our vehicles and they get damaged etc during missions then its our fault and we either have to deal with it or fix it. Just weird how everything else works fine apart from that.

11. Let us know how you get on dude. To be honest, I haven't noticed vehicles respawning damaged either but then I've never actually tested it. If it's a bug, would be good to identify so we can fix it as you are right, it is a bit of an immersion breaker if it doesn't work.

12. Also make sure you are testing with just CBA and ALiVE mods loaded - if you can reproduce this reliably then it's obviously a bug and will get reviewed.

13. I am experiencing the same issue here. I am using some Mods so I will have to try it with just CBA and ALIVE however I would like to ask some question regarding what it has been said here.

Last mission I tested I was in a tank that got destroyed with me inside. I respawned and saved and exited the server as admin.
    My location was saved , the vehicle location was saved but instead destroyed the vehicle was brand new again.
    For my persistent campaing I need that destroyed vehicles get persitently destroyed or even disapear from the persistent world.
    So let me ask one question, lets imagine one player takes a helo flies to wherever lands leaves the helo and 20 minutes later someone blows that helo, wouyld this helicopter be persistently be dertroyed or in the persisten world objects are not damage persistent?
    I really need to make this work for my new mp campaing since players have limited resources and if those resources are not persistent and will always exist brand new my campaing has no sense at all.
    Any help or suggestion is greatly welcomed

14. Ok I found my problem.
    I have initially failed to add the Logistics Module.

With this module on the map , it works nice

15. What do you mean by adding Logistics Module? I have no such thing in my editor..

16. Under ALiVE modules - Military Logistics - needs to be synced to an OPCOM module (AI commander)

or Sign Up to reply!