Eden Update: Explained in one glorious phrase

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by AUTigerGrad

I can put a cup on a table.....A CUP ON A TABLE!!!!!!!

2. Friznit

19 Feb 2016 Administrator

lol

It's pretty damn cool.

3. I swear I'm not lying. Two nights ago I put my first ever item on a table. It was a PC on a fold table. Took me six tries! Six!

Looking forward to 3D! :)

4. Six!? No need to show off now

5. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 Six!? No need to show off now

LOL! I lucked out because the computer was only floating 9 feet in the air the first time. :)

Yeah the new editor is remarkable! I can't believe how great it is. That search feature alone is pure gold.

6. My friend quit ARMA out of sheer disgust and frustration after trying to make missions, I showed him a video of me putting a laptop on a table and adding a chair in 30 seconds....he's reinstalling right now.

7. ^ you're not an Arma vet until you've rage-uninstalled the game at least twice ;)

8. Has anyone actually gotten alive to work after the Eden release I get stuck on it perma load

9. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Working fine for me, try replacing modules and ensuring they are set to the proper settings.. eden seems to like to ignore the default module parameters and selecting the highest option in the list instead.

10. Edited 8 years ago by Ludi

Some success porting across old missions. One thing I noticed is that I had to place a player (rather than playable) in the 2d editor before it would let me import to the 3d editor.

Spyder do you recommend delete and replace for all alive modules?
    I am having dramas with my Africa N'ziwazago map. It is massive and always took a while to load but it takes twice as long to load now. I noted a raft of issues with modules in the RPT on this map, will try replacing the modules and see if that helps.

I too placed a cup on a table - happy days!

11. @Ludi Some success porting across old missions. One thing I noticed is that I had to place a player (rather than playable) in the 2d editor before it would let me import to the 3d editor.

Spyder do you recommend delete and replace for all alive modules?
    I am having dramas with my Africa N'ziwazago map. It is massive and always took a while to load but it takes twice as long to load now. I noted a raft of issues with modules in the RPT on this map, will try replacing the modules and see if that helps.

I too placed a cup on a table - happy days!

Spyder recommended I try this for the newly absurd load times:

Make sure in the EDEN editor

Settings (Top of screen) >> Preferences >> Recompile Functions is unchecked.

If checked, that will slow down load times quite a bit.

12. I would recommending replacing modules if you are seeing errors/bugs.

Regarding load times, they seem longer regardless.. but that above suggestions is key as well.

13. Thanks guys. Testing nowish

Cheers

14. Recompile functions is unticked already - bugger... had hoped for a magic fix on that front. Rebuilding all modules. will report back.

15. I think there are some issues with ALiVE and Eden, see the thread "New error after BIS update". Hoping for a fix!

16. @Ludi Thanks so much! I was having a fit trying to import my in progress map into Eden 3D. I have been using Zeus and ARES to place pre-fab bases and then exporting mission .sqm with MCC and dropping that into a new mission file.
    That seems to be broken currently, and my mission wouldn't even load into Eden 3d. Now, I was able to recover my progress so I can at least get one more map worked on while ARES figures out issues.

Thanks!

17. You are most welcome Ski2060!

I am the one usually asking the questions here, poor Spyder has the patience of a saint.

It's nice to have helped someone in turn. Cheers!

18. Spyder has the patience of a saint.

Well put. I couldn't agree more. We're lucky to have him here.

19. Edited 8 years ago by Ludi

You might want to try to use the custom objectives in alive rather than import the MCC sqm. A bit less convoluted, and the mission sqm in the 3d editor seems to be drasctically different to the 2d. It seems to rewrite the original Mission sqm with " NUL" comments.

I got my Africa mission up - it is still loaded with errors however I got it running server side. (I replaced all modules and disabled debug)

20. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Well put. I couldn't agree more. We're lucky to have him here.

Agree!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!