OK it works exactly how you describe, theres some differences in server setup between this and mine, but we get a server save as is designed. As mentioned I got player save in session so its around the server save and restart theres something happening. Here's the differences Ive got so far:
- Respawning is completely different, I need to check your description.ext and see if it works with my types which is the classic respawn point after timer. I suspect this is not a factor.
- When doing a server save, the quickstart mission actually exits and stops and returns to the mission select screen. In mine it does not. see 3 below...
- Autoinit is not present in your test so there is no autoloading of mission, in fact you can't have a persistent mission with the Quickstart because the mission wont run initially unless someone is connected. I wonder if this is the culprit?
3a. Theres a fairly sizeable difference in my server.cfg when I did this test. I cut out a lot of options.
- I've got ACE3 and some unit mods like CUP and BAF added. Should be easy to rule out.
- My mission is a lot larger on Altis. It would not surprise me if that breaks something.
- There's possibly some funcitonal differences in the misisons anyway betweeen Alive modules and settings, I will have a peek at the quickstart mission tonight now its saved in my cache.
What I plan to do is add the differences in layers and see where it breaks and find out what breaks it. It's enough to say that ALiVE can be broken right now, even when loaded as per the instructions provided, so I'm sure this is of interest to you guys.
Fingers crossed for a solution and something to be gained for everyone out of this...