Setting Military Logistics Reinforcement / Battle Casualty Replacement Insertion Method

1. 7 years ago

Hi guys!

Is there a way (through staticdata.sqf or otherwise) to blacklist a certain insertion method for military logistics? I'm doing a Daesh vs Peshmerga scenario and it's quite jarring seeing either side getting inserted via helicopters. I don't want to use asymmetric as it's not really applicable to this scenario. If it's relevant, the faction I'm using are the Iraqi-Syrian Conflict Mod ones (ISC_PESH_B etc.).

I have static reinforcement location off-map for both Military Logistics Modules next to 999 priority custom objectives so I'm not quite sure why I'm seeing helicopters zipping around the map at all but there we go! If I can change it to just convoys that would be epic. I have tried searching but can't find the answer to this specific question.

Thank you in advance.

2. You can disable insertion methods via the military logistics module.

3. I've disabled "Allow Planes" and "Allow Helicopters" in the Military Logistics modules, but I'm still seeing helos dropping off troops... is this a bug then?

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Probably, try replacing the module (And if any modules were copy&pasted, replace them all).

5. Aren't the "Allow X" options just for the type of reinforcements and not for the type of transport?

6. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Lol, kinda forgot about that. That's probably the case. The answer to the question then would be no.

7. Roger! Thanks for the replies.

8. So I'm pretty certain at this point using "faction only" for logistics with a faction that doesn't have air assets isn't working. They still get BCR's from choppers even when the faction doesn't have any.

I saw it earlier with a RHS faction I'm using which doesn't have choppers but assumed because I was using CAS and Transport from a faction that does, that maybe it was overriding it.

However, I'm making a new mission with an ISIS faction that most certainly has no air assets and they still get BCR's from helicopters with only their faction set for logistics. Seems to be occurring with multiple different mods now so I'd say this feature isn't working as intended.

9. Yea I noticed if I didnt define the factions transport.insertion air assets it would default to the Vanilla Arma 3 sides air assets.

10. Tupolov

28 Oct 2016 Administrator

Will take a look, i'm currently working on the heli logistics code...

or Sign Up to reply!