Iron Front Lite ?

1. 7 years ago

Hi Folks,

Anyone use Iron Front Lite with ALiVE ? I've setup ALiVE a number of times - so I've kind of got the basics down... I was trying to setup Iron Front Lite for the first time last night and I've run into a problem I've never seen before... No matter what I did - the only troops populated on the map - were the foreign speaking vanilla Arma troops that are included with the base game... Hah - absolutely no interest in the futuristic interpretations of vanilla - so I don't even know which faction they are... Anyway - I kept it very simple to start - just six modules (required, virtual AI, 2x military commander, 2x military placement) and I used the faction names listed for Iron Front on the Alive Wiki... No joy - I quadruple checked everything - all the default factions are disabled in the military commander and military placement modules - I used the correctly used faction names from the Wiki for the US Army and the German Army... Nothing - just the vanilla troops showing up on both sides of the fence - not a German or American unit to be seen... Does ALiVE default to the vanilla troops when there is a problem with the faction name ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks...

Regards,
    Scott

2. Friznit

6 Jul 2016 Administrator

Factions on wiki are from Iron Front, not the new Iron Front Lite. A new faction mapping has been done i believe, but needs finalising before it'll work properly.

3. Hi Friznit,

Ahh - thanks - I thought I was losing my mind... It took me a bit to figure out why my own team was killing me immediately from the start...

I guess this is something for the IF3 team and not the ALiVE team...

Appreciate the help...

Regards,
    Scott

4. Tupolov

6 Jul 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

Should work fine out of the box. We may need to do some tweaks. Can you let us know about your mission setup?

I tested briefly and everything seemed to spawn fine.

5. Friznit

6 Jul 2016 Administrator

Tups corrected me. Guess testing is needed..

6. Hi Folks,

LOL - I'm confused now - should the faction names listed on your Wiki work or not ?

I'll gladly try something else if needed...

Regards,
    Scott

7. Tupolov

6 Jul 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

Wait one.

Yes factions are the same and should work.

8. Hi Tupolov,

Thanks for responding - hmm - I must be doing something wrong then - I'll check my work again tonight when I get home - maybe I had a brain fart or something...

Regards,
    Scott

9. Hi Folks,

Just for the record - I was testing with LIB_WEHRMACHT and LIB_US_ARMY... I'll try some others tonight as well...

LIB_LUFTWAFFE
    LNRD_Luft
    LIB_PANZERWAFFE
    LIB_WEHRMACHT
    SG_STURM
    LIB_RKKA
    LIB_USSR_AIRFORCE
    LIB_USSR_TANK_TROOPS
    LIB_GUER
    LIB_US_AIRFORCE
    LIB_US_ARMY
    LIB_US_TANK_TROOPS

Regards,
    Scott

10. Tupolov

6 Jul 2016 Administrator

Testing now and working great.

11. Hi Tupoluv,

Thanks so much for going the extra mile - I can't imagine what I did wrong - I'll start with a clean slate tonight and see if I can get it to work... My apologies for the false alarm...

Regards,
    Scott

12. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Make sure you don't have any rogue spaces before or after the faction name

13. Hi Spyder,

Will do - I checked that - but I'll start from scratch just to be sure... It was the first time I had used the Steam based ALiVE too... I probably just fat fingered something... I'll follow up here... Thanks for all the help - you guys sure run a first class operation...

Regards,
    Scott

14. Hi Folks,

Ok - just a follow up - it's my machine - something must be messed up with it... I went back to RHS which I've use more than a dozen times and I'm getting the same symptoms with that now... This is my laptop I use when traveling - so it's not my primary machine but it had worked with ALiVE previously - I haven't used it in like a year though... I had just installed ALiVE via Steam - so I pulled it off and when back to the standard ALiVE which I know worked in the past - no change... Strange - to get a custom faction to show up on a new mission - minimally you can do it with four modules - right (required, virtual AI, milirary commander, military placement) ? No changes are required to (required and virtual AI) and you simply paste (no spaces) the required faction names in both (military commander, military placement) finally - one of the last two modules you have to turn off the default NATO option... That's it - right - not rocket science ?

I did a base setup with just ALiVE, CBA, and the required factions loaded - I tried loading ALiVE first - then last - no change...

I know the factions are loaded properly because I can use them without ALiVE...

LOL - I spent hours on this... Just this past weekend I built a fairly large RHS Inurgency on my primary machine without an issue...

Strange...

Regards,
    Scott

15. Tupolov

7 Jul 2016 Administrator

So your issue is that friendly groups are attacking you?

16. Hi Tupolov,

Well - no - it's that no matter what "custom faction" I select by pasting the ALiVE Wiki names into the respective custom fields (no spaces) on both (military commander and military placement modules) - ALiVE is only populating that default vanilla group that opposes NATO over the entire map... I've attempted custom faction names from both IF and RHS so it's not limited to a specific faction mod... So they do attack me as I'm normally playing as BLUFOR and I believe they are the OPFOR in vanilla...

Regards,
    Scott

17. What faction names are you writing exactly? Could you take a photo of the inside of your modules so we can see how you set them up?

18. Hi Hero,

When I was testing with IF I used "LIB_WEHRMACHT" and "LIB_US_ARMY" - one for each side...

When I was testing with RHS I only used one faction - "rhs_faction_usmc_d"...

I can take some screenshots or even post the mission tonight - it's really simple - I would assume you only need to see the image of the (military commander and military placement modules) ? It's only four modules and I didn't change any settings on (required and virtual AI)...

As mentioned - I built a fully working ALiVE scenario over the weekend on my primary machine - it seems to be only my laptop giving me fits...

Regards,
    Scott

19. Do you have the most up-to-date versions of ALiVE and CBA on your laptop? (Sorry if this has been answered already)

20. Hi Spyder,

LOL - no worries - I really do appreciate all the help...

Yep - CBA was installed via Steam and appears up to date - same obviously with Arma... Both RHS and IF updated too via their respective processes...

When I first noticed the issue - couple days ago - I had just started messing with Arma after an extended break - I noticed ALiVE was now available via STEAM so I installed it from there... Part of my troubleshooting last night - I completely deleted it from STEAM - went to your site and downloaded fresh copy and installed it the old way...

I'll post the mission tonight - maybe I've just been staring at the issue so long I'm missing the obvious...

Thanks one and all !

Regards,
    Scott

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!