ALiVE: Tanoa (Quick Start)

1. 7 years ago

Tupolov

10 Jul 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

Here's a mission with the Tanoa index built in, so you can test it right now before our APEX release next week.

https://files.slack.com/files-pri/T02F9JXT6-F1QAN0VAQ/basic.tanoa.7z

2. Hey thanks Tupolov.

3. Will this work with building a mission on Tanao after the apex release?

4. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah sure. Though the primary function right now is for people to use it to test to make sure ALiVE and the index are playing nicely without issues.

I'm waiting for the map to drop tomorrow but this is basically the QuickStart from the wiki, but for Tanoa. I definitely plan on just using this as a base for my own mission though, assuming their aren't any problems.

5. Alright, thanks for the information.

6. Hmm, It would appear one needs to sign in with specific credentials to download it from that site.

7. ^ Agree w/ Pol Pot...would love to have it.

8. Here's a copy until Tupolov updates his link to something public: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38551057/basic.tanoa.7z . ^^

Keep in mind that the mission / index will probably stop working once APEX releases tomorrow. Also I'm not sure if it's indexed on RC or DEV or that they are the same, you'll find out soon enough. :)

9. It's an RC index

10. Nice!

11. Sorry for this question, but how do I add these files correctly?

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven't had a chance to DL this file yet, but I'm pretty sure it should have a folder called "X". Put that folder in the root of the QuickStart mission or whatever mission you are making. Then, in your launcher or startup parameters, write -filepatching

EDIT: Oops! Wrong thread! :)

You'll still need to do the above with the index for the mission to work.

13. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Just place the contents of the archive in your missions folder and it should show up on scenarios and/or the editor. It's probably obsolete soon-ish since APEX is releasing around this time.

14. @marceldev89

After the official release, it's the X folder from the index in the mission root run with -filepatching, correct? Am I missing anything?

I'm looking to start building and testing tonight.

15. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

As soon as APEX is released (which it apparently is right now) they'll do a reindex and release a new ALiVE version. No need for x folders after that. :)

16. APEX is updating on Steam right now.

17. Friznit

11 Jul 2016 Administrator

Pre-release tester's build for Apex is here: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.0.7.1607111

More than likely going to be a shit load of bugs, not least with the Tanoa Index but feel free to give it a whirl. I'll be spending most of tonight bug hunting and redoing the index.

Now where did I put that bottle of wine?

18. Good to see, keep up the great work. :)

19. @Friznit

What would you like us to focus on, testing-wise? I'm assuming enough people will be messing with the Tanoa map and index (that's what I was planning on doing too), but I can mess with some of my other missions if you want to stress test the ALiVE update itself in various circumstances.

20. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Player Resupply - Specifically vehicles, boats, and containers. These should all be slingloaded and if close to water, boats should be dropped in water.
    Mil Logistics - Ensuring no scripting errors are seen and motorized units are slingloaded in occasionally
    Virtual Combat - Basically making sure no scripting errors popup and that virtual simulation never freezes

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!