Let Virtual AI capture sector control

1. 7 years ago

Hello,

The idea is to have the Virtual AI to be taking over sector control zones on a map, which are tied to respawnsectors. The zones are set up at objective points where the AI goes to automatically, tasked by OpCom, but it's annoying seeing nothing change outside of the spawn range of the player, even though they're at the capture spot.

Who here has any idea how we can get virtual AI to trigger a capture zone? Using the codesnippet:

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) >= 3) || ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["WEST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) >= 3);

in a trigger works fine to detect them, but they do not set off the sector control to change, based on positioning, even when synced to the Sector Control zone. It does work with spawned units, which makes me think it (arma) does not see the virtual units.

2. I tried this recently and as you guessed it only works with real units. It is easy to manually detect the virtual ones as you figured out but there does not seem to be any way of feeding that info to the sector module.

I ended up using a regular area marker and the "GetDominantFaction" command together with triggers to change its color, and update the tasks.

However I think it might be possible to get it working if you use triggers to detect virtual units (or use dominantFaction) and then spawn a soldier of the correct faction into the zone, dont give alive control of the unit and maybe use disable ai and setcaptive to be safe. Remove the unit if there are no virtual units present, since that means no units are in the area, or the player is close and the units are "real".

Kinda feels like an ugly hack job but whatever works, Hope it helps and I will post the script if I take the time to make it during the weekend (and if it works) :)

3. I was about to come up with a topic about this very subject but managed to find this before creating a new one :)

So I too was hoping (and still am) that if the virtual profiles could somehow capture vanilla A3 sectors. Can this be achieved with ALiVE in any way, possibly in some future version perhaps?

It would seem an easy way to create missions that rely on capturing objectives for ending said missions with Arma 3's module Sector Control.. if just the virtual profiles would somehow signal those modules about their existence.
    Or what is the hacky way to do this then? Is it possible to force a virtualized profile to spawn without human player being in the spawn radius? Though that's going to be a hit on server performance probably, at least in large-scale scenarios having to spawn profiles for such purpose.

Here's a nice and simple video from pickinthatbanjo about Arma 3's Sector Control module

4. 6 years ago

Just out of curiosity, has there been an update in the features of ALiVE that might have enabled this option as of today? Does the virtual AI now have the capability to capture sectors?

5. Nope. ^^

6. Way to buzzkill the thread, Marcel! :)

7. 4 years ago

I have been haveing the same issue does anyone have a solution to this problem? Maby tie a virtual marker like the one when you debug the active entities and have it when they enter is triggers the sector? :(

8. iirc I took a look at the sector stuff a while ago and there wasn't really a way to affect the sectors without actual units being there.

or Sign Up to reply!