Map Indexing failing (due to dewrp?)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Ok stratis works, I will try Tembelan again.

3. I have one question, how do I set the map bound in the index module. The part that did work, was generating sector data wayyyyyy off the main map. I saw something about counting map boxes and adding 1000 to that? Count all map boxes or just certain ones? cannot find that post that described it good.

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Zoom out on the map when in game. Count the grid boxes going from left to right. Let’s say there’s 10. That equals 10000. Put that into the indexing module instead of the default (which is 0).

If it’s 10.5, round up, so that would be 11000.

5. Ok. The tembelan.sqf keeps hanging up at the exact same place every time. I set up the command prompt, get through the part that says pbo is ok. get to the part where you need to hit the up arrow a few times to get to the scrolling process you see as it reads the pbo, and the up arrows will not work. Last night I let it sit at this point for over three hours. when the up arrow still refused to do anything, I hit enter and the command prompt went to The process connot access the file because it is being used by another process. and then the command prompt.

This sqf file keeps hanging at the exact same object. I will post the last few lines of the sqf.....
    ["a3\structures_f_epc\dominants\stadium\stadium_p5_f.p3d",
    [
    [90715,[5863,6946]]
    ]
    ],
    ["a3\signs_f\signt\signt_warningrocks.p3d",
    [
    [61860,[5157,7678]],
    [60266,[5324,7898]]
    ]
    ],
    ["a3\signs_f\signt\signt_dangerbendsr.p3d",
    [
    [73843,[5690,7524]],
    [73788,[5741,7579]],
    [84060,[6615,7155]],
    [83961,[6582,7257]]
    ]
    ],
    ["a3\structures_f\ind\fuelstation\fuelstat

6. How many objects does this map have to categorize? I’m not necessarily offering to do it, but I might.

7. The log is showing the same thing. It looks like maybe the structure in question is messed up in the map pbo somehow?
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\military\containerbases\cargo_tower_v3_derelict_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_kart\civ\sportsgrounds\finishgate_01_narrow_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_kart\civ\sportsgrounds\plasticbarrier_03_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\civilian\house_small02\i_house_small_02_b_brown_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\mil\cargo\cargo_tower_v1_no7_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\commercial\billboards\billboard_02_chernarus_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\industrial\agriculture\barn_01_brown_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\industrial\agriculture\shed_08_grey_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\bridges\bridge_asphalt_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\industrial\agriculture\barn_01_grey_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\industrial\agriculture\shed_08_grey_ruins_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\civilian\stone_shed_01\i_stone_shed_01_b_raw_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\households\house_small03\i_house_small_03_v1_dam_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\households\house_shop01\u_shop_01_v1_dam_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\households\house_big02\i_house_big_02_v1_dam_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\commercial\billboards\billboard_03_pills_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\households\house_shop01\i_shop_01_v1_dam_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_heli\civ\market\pallettrolley_01_khaki_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\households\house_small01\i_house_small_01_v3_dam_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\ind\wavepowerplant\wavepowerplant_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\ind\reservoirtank\reservoirtank_airport_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\commercial\billboards\billboard_03_bluking_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f_argo\commercial\billboards\billboard_03_maskrtnik_f.p3d",
    ["a3\structures_f\ind\fuelstation\fuelstat

I have contacted the creator and let him know ,https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/212761-tembelan-island/?page=2. I don't believe I am working with a complete sqf, as it is getting cut off because of this one item, but the size of the sqf at this point is twice the size of stratis. Stratis is a little over 4000KB and this one is at almost 9900KB when it freezed up with this cut off structure description. He is completely unfamiliar with indexing but hopefully he can look into his pbo and see if this structure got corrupted in there. If that is all it is, I can have this map indexed and off to the Alive team soon.

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS How many objects does this map have to categorize? I’m not necessarily offering to do it, but I might.

I would be curious to see if you run into the same exact thing that I am.

9. How many objects does the categorization UI tell you it has?

10. The categorization UI wont even open, and the rpt shows that is wouldn't work because of the fuelstation. I am gonna give it one more try.

11. when it tries to go to categorization, I get a few black flickers of screen, the DeWrp never opens,and then it just finally dumps to generating sector data with no categorization

12. Oh ok. Again no promises, but can you link me to the map please? Never heard of it.

13. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33623

14. Edited 6 years ago by marceldev89

Is your harddrive full by any chance? :P

EDIT: Also try watching the task manager during the 3rd step and see if there are other processes stealing CPU power.

15. Thanks. At this stage I wouldn’t bother -Ben- with troubleshooting this.

16. I still have 140GB of drive space. This is a ssd m.2 drive. no other processes really stealing any power. i7-7700, Asus maximus IX hero MB, 32 GB RAM, GTX1080 rog strix 11oc. This thing pretty much eats anything I throw at it. homebuilt last may.

just for something to do, I went into the indexing folder and deleted both Stratis and Tembelan. I decided to index stratis again, and this time, from the index mission, the DeWrp did it's thing from within the mission. Successfully indexed stratis again. So I decided to see what Tembelan would do. This time, the DeWrp did it's thing from within the index mission. Currently, my arma 3 screen has gone black, and baretail is showing the rpt's most recent line being 12:02:57 >>>>>>Starting static data creation.
    Don't wanna count my chickens before they are hatched. Will let it sit there and do it's thing.

17. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Nice. Personal advice here: I always index in forced Windowed mode. This allows me to do other things (such as looking up objects on the Github if I’m not sure how to classify it, or monitoring baretail if need be, etc), and pretty much erases any shadow of a doubt whether or not your PC has totally frozen during the process.

18. Yes, I switched Arma to windowed mode for this process. Arma still in black screen and nothing has changed in the baretail rpt since my last post. gonna keep letting it go and see what happens. I know when I was doing this through the command prompt last night, it went for three hours and I couldn't tell if it was working or not. But everytime I tried it showed the same fuel station cut off in the sqf and log.

19. how do you look up objects on GitHub?

20. You sure you don’t have some AV of some kind running?

I go the the ALiVE Github and search the last part of the object name and see how other people classified the object in the past if I’m not sure. This is useful for example if it’s a house and you can’t see whether it’s open or not (so on Git the object could come back as civilian building and civilian pop in certain indexes so I’ll know it’s probably open and I’ll select civilian and select to let civs spawn in the building in the categorizer).

21. I got the ingame indexing gui open...384 objects, wish me luck. I will report back soon.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!