Guides or links for how to make simple tasks?

1. 7 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any decent tutorials for how to make basic tasks, where ALiVE is more of the backdrop rather than center stage. I'm thinking some simple stuff like rescuing a hostage or assassinating a target or patrol or convoy. Nothing too elaborate; just a basic goal.

I know a lot of you guys make smaller scale missions like this and I'd love to take a crack at it. But I'm getting cross-eyed trying to find a relatively up-to-date tutorial that will also make sure the tasks work in a MP environment.

Any links or advice would be appreciated. I sort of feel like mixing things up a bit but don't really know how to get started.

2. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Task_Framework

I am always use this. Works very nice

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Would you know of any decent video guides for how to implement some of these wiki techniques into a mission? If I could see just a few examples of someone making a basic task in the editor I'm sure I could start to get the idea and then put the wiki into practice.

4. You need to create event script where in most needed moment you call those task creators.

5. Jester has an old video on setting tasks . It should for the most part still work, or at least get you going in the right direction.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thanks @JD_Wang

I need videos so that's great man. The more YouYube kitty cats the better. Linking me to BIS forums may as well be linking a guy asking how to speak Spanish to a Mexican take-out pamphlet. :) Thanks. Or rather, it's just too advanced for someone looking to get started so linking me to the wiki doesn't help me learn the basics.

If you or anyone else knows of any decent and up-to-date video guides, I'd appreciate it a lot.

7. I can't guarantee these are still 100% up to date, but

8. Jackpot. Thanks Spyder.

or Sign Up to reply!