/author is not a value

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

in fact i noticed "something strange" at start of my own-made missions too...
    plz, how see how many profiles spawned (beside counting them visually) ?
    thanks !

3. I'd personally be willing to put in the leg work here to determine whether or not this error is causing problems or not. I realize you guys always have a lot to work on.

I can mess around with DLEGION's mission later.

Do any of you know how to get ALiVE to start without this error so I can compare?

4. @DLEGION in fact i noticed "something strange" at start of my own-made missions too...
    plz, how see how many profiles spawned (beside counting them visually) ?
    thanks !

@DLEGION

Spyder sent me this awhile ago. Paste it into your debug window in the escape menu and then click local exec.

https://gist.github.com/SpyderBlack723/87b4552ed9da8ee298ff21289ad9d6e1

If you feel like messing around I'm curious to see what your results look like with and without the error.

5. If you can, try to reproduce it when only running alive and cba and then send the mission to me. I can take a look.

6. @SpyderBlack723 If you can, try to reproduce it when only running alive and cba and then send the mission to me. I can take a look.

No problem. If DLEGION doesn't beat me to it I'll check things out later.

But I'd need to know how to have this error NOT appear (if it is indeed the problem). Is there a specific module I can remove to make the error go away so I can compare?

7. atm all modules will cause it.

8. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Actually, I can relay a new build to you in a few minutes where the error is fixed and you can try that.

Edit: Ok maybe more than a few minutes, my build script ain't workin'

9. Oh ok. Any advice on what to look for then seeing as I won't be able to test it independently?

I'm assuming if I see great fluctuation in initial profiles that would probably be enough. For example, OPFOR starts with 50 profiles then I restart and they start with a spawn of 80. That would be unintended behavior, correct?

10. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 Actually, I can relay a new build to you in a few minutes where the error is fixed and you can try that.

Edit: Ok maybe more than a few minutes, my build script ain't workin'

Take your time. I won't be home for around 10 hours. No hurry.

These startup profile spawning errors have plagued me off and on for months now. I want to kill it for good! Lol

Thanks.

11. I would say fluctuation of that capacity is not intended.

12. Here's a test version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w43u8v3dy7z8864/ALiVE_testVersion.zip?dl=0

13. its a CBA error when using these items (MetalBarrel_burning_F,Land_MetalBarrel_empty_F) there are more itams and any mod using the class names in scripts causes the error pop-up.

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@global wraith, is CBA by itself causing this error too?

15. no not by itself only with certain items

16. Could you report them over on BIS fourms in the CBA thread?

17. i can still help somehow ?

18. Sure if you want!

What I was planning on doing was loading the updated ALiVE download Spyder linked: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w43u8v3dy7z8864/ALiVE_testVersion.zip?dl=0

And then running the profile counter:

https://gist.github.com/SpyderBlack723/87b4552ed9da8ee298ff21289ad9d6e1

And look to see if the profiles are relatively consistent in numbers upon mission restarts.

Then I was going to try adding a "mission complete" trigger because that isn't working on the released ALiVE version either (not with the mods I use, at least. It did work before 1.60 but not now).

Trigger Condition: if (isServer) then {count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 15000, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles) == 0 && {count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 15000, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles) == 0}} else {false};

Trigger Activation: if (isServer) then { ["end1","BIS_fnc_endMission",true,true] call BIS_fnc_MP};

19. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723

I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but the civilian interaction module in Spyder Addons is causing the \author is not a value error and also triggering the mission complete trigger.

It's odd. I've been building a vanilla test mission working my way up. I tried the Ambience module and that was fine. Once I reached the Civilian Interaction module the error popped up and the trigger fired.

Now whether or not it's responsible for my larger issues I have no clue. I'm testing now. But figured I'd pass along what I'm already seeing with that one module.

I'm still leaning towards the error itself somehow firing the trigger (it never fires when the author error isn't present) and not the mod but I'm still working on it.

20. Yes I know, since I can't repack the pbo I can't fix that error for that moduke. The rest are good to go.

21. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The error in general, regardless of which mod is causing it (some CBA objects shoot this error too, such as burning campfires) definitely interferes with the mission complete trigger. That's 100% confirmed as I can duplicate that every time the error pops up.

This error also causes an 'extra load screen' when an ALiVE mission starts. That I can confirm too.

But for my larger issues? Nah I don't see it. I can't duplicate that. Because of course I can't. :( So I now agree this error is relatively harmless, unless on the off chance having lots of objects and your civ module all shooting this error simultaneously is the cause. I like my CBA objects. :)

EDIT: ^^^

Removing every object from CBA with the error (which was one journalist and one burning fireplace), removing the civilian interaction module from Spyder Addons and using the ALiVE test version has fixed my units spawning issue.

Well I'll be damned. Having multiple things causing this author error simultaneously was breaking ALiVE's initialization. The error I guess can be harmful if happening multiple times all at once.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!