Display Map Intel: Working on dedicated servers?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Bringing this topic back up as I'm experiencing the same issues.

Would love to have intel in my asymmetric missions just to have a bit more of a sense of focus for the guys who are newer and put off by not having clear objectives.

As mentioned in the earlier posts, when I test the mission in the editor I see intel as expected. In multiplayer on a dedicated server, I see intel when the map first starts, but it fades and doesn't come back.

I'm using medium intel on 2 minute intervals.

3. Fading out and not coming back is the way the feature is designed. New Intel should however reappear as the mission progresses and your forces find more.

4. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Yeah, I waited around with the map open for quite some time and didn't see anything reappear. I'm not sure if the timer means that the info will refresh every two minutes (which is what I'm assuming) or that it appears briefly every two minutes.

I'm also not sure if I'm supposed to only be able to see intel in the commander's tablet.

5. It doesn't reappear on interval, there is a % chance for intel to appear as events occur in the world.

6. Yeah reappear was a bad choice of words on my part. What I meant by that is the Intel displays and fades. Over time, as your troops find more, new Intel will appear and fade away (rinse repeat).

7. Was referring to the comment above mine

8. Yeah I know. I think I confused him when I said "reappear" which led him to think the previously discovered Intel would come back. I should have phrase it better.

9. Ok, just tested in editor. When the map starts we'll see quite a few installations marked, even in places where no BLUFOR units are present. Once they fade, they're never replaced.

I've recorded a video of this to show the entire story.

10. Just wanted to see if anyone had a chance to review the video and see if they could make any sense of it

11. Same thing happens to me and I'm pretty sure it's intended. We just mark the points of interest as they appear so they don't go away.

12. I think his point is after the 'initial reveal', no more will ever appear. Which honestly, this video is too short for.

But yeah, I generally just mark them all and find more by discovering Intel and talking to civs. I know more used to reveal but I can't say I've looked at this specifically recently. I'll keep an eye out but this video isn't long enough to determine anything one way or the other I don't think.

I also have to wonder if behind the scenes there's a saturation point that would keep OPCOM from establishing installations when the player isn't actually playing and OPCOM has plenty in the areas they hold. I mean, I can't see why they'd establish more and more and more if the ones they have aren't being challenged but a dev would definitely need to elaborate on how it's coded.

or Sign Up to reply!