INCON Scripts for ALiVE - Intel + AI teammate persistence

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@HeroesandvillainsOS  Oh sorry. I misread you. I mistakenly assumed you didn't just need Africans, but you needed enemy Africans. Boko Haram obviously is not friendly to BLU_F. They are an Islamic terror group. Disregard.

Project OPFOR may have a friendly African Army but I haven't checked. Despite its name there are some BLUFOR groups in there. You should check it and see.

Thanks for the heads up, definitely checking it out.

3. Deleted 7 years ago by Ludi
  4. Wow, you reworked the script for lil' old me!
    Many thanks.

Working on this nowish.

I did rework a version of the mission so that the players were aligned with UN (blufor) and the enemy set as opfor however I couldn't seem to get this working. I expect that my white listing needs some work so that I am not immediately detected as hostile.
    This was a compromised solution so am pleased it is working as I desire (being able to play as opfor).

I have so many mods and I think Massi pulls equipment randomising loadouts so I am not sure where to start with classifying permissible clothes / backpacks and vest.

@incontinenetia Hi @Ludi - the BLUFOR limitation is gone now, so if you give the latest version from github a whirl it should work with any side as long as you've correctly specified the enemy sides (as in, east, west, independent, rather than factions) in the setup file. Does that answer your question re: factions?

The only side it can't work with at all is CIV_F. The player has to have a side (independent, east or west) to begin with and the script itself will make that player appear to be civilian to the enemy as long as he isn't being naughty (same goes for any AI members of his group too). For now, it's best to keep any players in separate groups otherwise there might be some weird stuff going on (it will interfere with persistency and simple armed tracking). Also bear in mind there is about a 20 second delay before the script fully initialises so don't spawn any enemy until after that.

I'm curious to hear how you guys get on. The current build works perfectly in the testing I've done so far but as it's my script I'm bound to overlook things in the setup etc. Let me know if you have any more questions.

5. * Uniforms and vests automatically added from faction lists (ability to manually add still remains) - thanks to @SpyderBlack723 for the script

Does this mean I can specify any faction in the gear settings?

I assumed it was limited to vanilla

@incontinenetia Updated the script (same DL link as before) with a few requested changes:

• Undercover units are no longer limited to BLUFOR
    • Trespassing zones can now be set up using triggers

* Uniforms and vests automatically added from faction lists (ability to manually add still remains) - thanks to @SpyderBlack723 for the script
    * A few small tweaks and fixes here and there

Keep throwing the ideas / feedback out there guys.

6. Edited 7 years ago by incontinenetia

I haven't tested it with mods but it should work as long as the faction's gear isn't randomised with a script post-init (I know the Iraqi Syrian Mod does this, maybe Masai too?).

If you can't get it working, could you be a bit more specific about what you have in your settings and what you tried? Did you try debug mode?

7. Stable release version now up; full release on BI Forums imminent depending on how this version goes...

8. Just a heads up for anyone after drone-based / high altitude CAS in their missions, I chucked out a script on the BI forums that lets you call in airstrikes without needing to faff around with Arma's pilot AI. May come in handy for some ALiVE mission makers out there.

Link is here .

9. Very cool!

Now to figure out how to laser a target...

10. Well you can also use smoke / chemlights / IR strobes, but lasing a target is pretty much just pointing a laser designator at a target and (if using ACE) left clicking.

11. Oh yeah? So there's no on-screen indicator a target has been lasered (if that's the right word) with the default vanilla designator? You just look at it with the designator and that's it (I don't use ACE)? Leave it to me to make things more complicated than they need to be. I always figured I wasn't doing it right. :)

Anyway, killer description for this script. Been taking a bit of an editor break waiting for some fixes for things beyond my control but you've certainly given us a lot of excellent sounding tools lately. Makes me want to hop back on the mission making train.

12. No cancel that - there is an on-screen indicator when you are lasing a target using vanilla! Sorry, got confused. It's a little red laser icon at the top. Point that at whatever you want to kill and follow the prompts. There's a video now up on the release page that should go through roughly what you have to do. Let me know if you have any questions dude!

13. Yeah I saw the video! It's awesome.

Though I think I figured out my problem. Or probably. Apparently you need batteries on your person for it to work. Lol. Who knew? Well everybody but me I take it.

This game is too sim for me. :)

I love the demonstration and look forward to trying it out.

14. Haha yeah I forgot about that! Maybe I should mention that in the description. I thought it always added batteries no?

15. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I haven't tested things out yet but maybe? I noticed in the video you had a red dot on the top of the display which I'd assume means the LD has power? Well mine never has that so I searched YouTube and one of the tutorial guys said you needed batteries for it to work.

If it forces batteries in your inventory when grabbing the LD in the Arsenal, then yeah I have no clue how to use it then. I'll take a peek later.

TBH sometimes I feel like I don't know how to play with the systems in this game at all (1600 hours in, no less) so I decided to just start the SP campaign last night. I know it forces you to learn all the ins and outs of the game and I think it's time I actually learn these things. It's embarrassing with my playtime that I don't understand these basic vanilla functions.

16. I wouldn't worry about it, Arma is a beast! Pretty hard to understand all of it. I still have no idea how most launchers work. And as for engaging targets form the air... no clue. But yeah, as long as you have batteries in your designator, a single left click will activate the laser and show the laser dot in night vision and a little red icon at the top of the display.

17. So, about to get some undercover working with a new template.
    @incontinenetia , Did you ever set up a variable for distance to discovery by enemy units? Or is it still a murky "you'll know when you get shot in the face" type deal?

I'd like to be able to change the distance that players can get spotted from, depending on AO and Opfor/Civs they are trying to blend in with.

18. Not able to get the independent enemies to shoot at me right when I pull out a weapon as a civi. When I'm trying as blufor they shoot me even unarmed (in civi clothing). Anyone have an example mission file I could use as reference?

19. Hi guys, apologies for the delay in responding - been away a fair bit recently.

@ski2060 There's a variable in there which you can tweak but it's a little bit fiddly as I haven't got it in the settings just yet. Basically, in the /func/ folder, you'll find a file called fn_undercoverTrespassRadiusLoop.sqf. Open that up and on line 3 you'll see this:

params [["_undercoverUnit",player],["_regEnySide",east],["_asymEnySide",independent],["_radius1",15],["_radius2",25],["_radius3",60],["_radius4",150]];

_radius1 is the radius in meters that regular troops will detect you if they can see you.
    _radius2 is the radius in meters that asymmetric forces will detect you if they can see you.

So if you want to change the radius for regular forces to 25 from 15, you could use ["_radius1",25] instead of ["_radius1",15].

Does that make sense? I'll add a ticket on GitHub so I remember to add in a parameter in the settings.

@GhostOne It will never work with civilian editor-placed units. They have to be a side that is recognised as an enemy to whichever side you are fighting. Change the clothes to civilian ones in the editor by all means, but use Blufor, Ind or Opfor units as your undercover guys.

As for it not working, the chances are your guy is wearing something prohibited (like Night Vision Goggles or a naughty backpack). Enable debug mode in the settings and let me know what it says if you could? Also, a paste of your settings file and your unit load out wouldn't go amiss if the issue is what I think it is.

20. So if I'm fighting for the blufor side should the playable character be opfor w/ the code pasted into his init?

21. If you're fighting as OpFor against BluFor that would work. If you are playing as BluFor, you need to set your enemies for undercover status as OpFor or Indfor.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!