ORBAT on Dedicated

1. 7 years ago

Hey all,

I'm currently running UNSUNG mod (t'is awesome!) on my dedicated server, I downloaded https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/198097-the-unsung-vietnam-war-and-alive-compatability-mod/ and it works awesome when hosted on my PC, however it kicks players off the server. Tried using Arma Tools to create a key for it so that I can run it on dedicated, but to no avail.

Tried looking around here and wiki, but didn't see any other issues similar...perhaps i'm missing something obvious?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT: when the Key is made and on server, it kicks with no error message, simply "You were kicked from the game". Running without the @UNSUNG_ALIVE lets you into the server, but doesn't show enemies / allies.

2. The server also needs to run @UNSUNG_ALIVE.

3. Does Unsung come with its own key? The compatibility mod would rely on the original Unsung so if that has a key, I'd assume that's all you'd need. Just a logical assumption though! No group I've ever played with does key checks.

4. Unsung is being run on the server, as is the @UNSUNG_ALIVE mod. Keys for the original & the key I made for the @UNSUNG_ALIVE are loaded onto the server.

I'm wondering if I should make my own faction within ORBAT and (Hopefully) it was just something wrong with the configs in the download?

That or it might be a Key / Signature issue

5. The keys are easy to test, just disable signature checking on the server. If it works, it's the keys that are causing problems. :P

6. @marceldev89 The keys are easy to test, just disable signature checking on the server. If it works, it's the keys that are causing problems. :P

Going to test that right now!

7. Edited 7 years ago by uncreatedlemon

17:19:05 Connected to Steam servers
    17:28:33 String STR_DN_officer not found
    17:28:33 String STR_DN_officers not found
    17:28:33 String STR_DN_mgunner not found
    17:28:33 String STR_DN_mgunners not found
    17:28:33 String STR_DN_Medic not found
    17:28:33 String STR_DN_Medics not found
    17:28:33 String STR_DN_launcherSoldier not found
    17:28:33 String STR_DN_launcherSoldiers not found
    17:28:33 Mission VietnamTEST.DaKrong: Missing 'description.ext::Header'
    17:28:35 Server error: Player without identity {RRF} Cpt. Smith (id 599816151)

This is what is popping up on the server, no idea what this would be from 0_o

However, trying without any verification of signatures DID work. Server was up and running with clients able to connect. Looks like it's a signature issue

EDIT: after re-signing the files and creating a key again, still having that same issue :/

8. @Opendome

9. @uncreatedlemon This is what is popping up on the server, no idea what this would be from 0_o

However, trying without any verification of signatures DID work. Server was up and running with clients able to connect. Looks like it's a signature issue

EDIT: after re-signing the files and creating a key again, still having that same issue :/

Is that using my UNSUNG ALiVE compat mod?

10. Yes sir!

11. Edited 7 years ago by uncreatedlemon

Went ahead and made my own small ORBAT faction, still a no - go, same error pops up with

" Player without identity "

It only happens when running an ORBAT addon on my dedicated, will dig further into it tommorow

12. 4 years ago

Hi, i am trying to sign my faction pbo and i receive a error from DS, the bisign is deprecated, it only happen with my faction pbo.. what i have to do?

or Sign Up to reply!